What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, bless you, is the cream working?

I've just checked on my cushion box outside to see if the rain has wet the cushions that are in there and I've just noticed a dead bird by the side of the house. :( John won't move it because he's a wuss so I did and now I can't have a snack because the thought of it is putting me right off. 🤢

Han's in the midst of making her chicken church for school! They had to make their own religion, so hers is something to do with chickens! Don't ask! 🤣

Fingers crossed I've now finally found a picture for the bedroom. I saw it before on Amazon, so I'm hoping it will finish the bedroom off nicely.

Busy bee accounting day for me today so not much else to report apart from the rain. 💦

No rain here yet, suns been out again all day but it's not that hot yet.

The cream seems to be doing something, it's not quite as red or lumpy looking but it's been like that before then flared up again. I'll have to wait and see what it's like next Monday when the nurse comes back. :worried:

Whatever Han is doing it sounds intriguing, good luck to her. 😂

There's no knowing where she got it from Bill. 🤣

Not enjoying myself at the moment, doing loads of washing for Kelly, her machine has broken down. :scream:

Oh wow! Aww, bless her, she'll have loads. Did you see what I did there! 😂 I amuse myself sometimes. I don't know what it is, but as soon as washing machines break, it seems like washing baskets treble in an instant.

Han's still working on the chicken church and bible, the church looks good, although, if she keeps tipping it upside down I swear it's all going to fall apart. I think Colin was probably somewhere in her brain when she came up with it, it's called The Church of the Blue Wi-Fi Chicken, and according to her as she peers over my shoulder, it's incredible! :D

John is also having a chicken pie for tea! So would we class that as sacrilege? Oooh, never a dull moment over here!

I know, there were a load of bath sheets as she'd used them to mop up water and then there's the fire brigade uniform which her hubby has to have clean every day this last couple of weeks to finish his training plus other stuff. 🙄

Maybe or is it both? Usually, I would ban talk of this but because it's a school project, it's allowed. 😂

I know, there were a load of bath sheets as she'd used them to mop up water and then there's the fire brigade uniform which her hubby has to have clean every day this last couple of weeks to finish his training plus other stuff. 🙄

Oh no, I don't miss that, mopping stuff up with your bath sheets! I'm assuming it leaked everywhere! Crikey, all them loads will keep you busy, especially the uniforms. I hope you're using your wheelie chair to help you move the loads.

....Back to the school project...Here are some pictures of the church, I was going to split this out and give Han a thread on this, but it's okay here.

Church of the Blue WifI Chicken July 2019 (1).jpg

The golden egg is at the top, the purple at the back are chicken wings, the hexagonal design is like the mesh from a chicken coup, and the blue chicken greets the patrons.

(Han will also tell you about the time a chicken bit her finger, true story, lol!) :babychick:

Church of the Blue WifI Chicken July 2019 (3).jpg

Church of the Blue WifI Chicken July 2019 (4).jpg

The symbol to acknowledge the free WiFi

Church of the Blue WifI Chicken July 2019 (2).jpg

Not quite sure what this fellow's for but he's included too. She had to paint him blue hence the dodgy paintwork (I think she ran out) and she has to write her own bible. This is such a Blue Peter project.....here's one we prepared earlier.

She has to take it to school tomorrow so I'm now on the school run!

I agree Joan it looks scared to death!

What's lurking in her noggin... A Guy :)

I'm not quite sure Bill, 😂 the rest of her group are singing, making cakes and doing a powerpoint. One girl has even set up her own business, website and has been issuing cards to recruit people. It's a massive competition, so it will be interesting to see who wins.

We currently have to wait and see who wins; the funny thing is the teacher has allowed them to vote for themselves if they so wish so it will be interesting to see who actually wins the competition.

Have any of you guys bought anything off Amazon for Prime Day?

Have any of you guys bought anything off Amazon for Prime Day?
I didn't buy for Prime day, bought them yesterday and they were delivered today, but I got a couple of new glass coffee mugs.

I've got a Dolce-Gusto mini me coffee pod machine, the glass mugs I have at the moment are narrow at the bottom and widen out at the top and the pods we both like fill more or less to the top so I have to tip a bit out so I can get cream in.

The new ones are bigger and don't taper and there's a decent gap left so I don't have to tip coffee away to fit cream in, they're a bit heavier but we're pleased with them.

Don't really need anything else at the moment so I don't think I'll be buying anything just for Prime day, I do have a DVD on pre-order but I'm not sure when that will be out it's not long been in the cinema, The Secret Lives of Pets 2. We've already got the first one. :)

It's on again today Joan, just in case you want a gander. 🤓

Ooh go you and your posh coffee machine and mugs, I must admit I do love a glass cup, I don't know why I think it's because they're old school and remind me of milky coffees. We have an ornamental coffee machine on the side which John uses now and again when he fancies a cup, but I don't drink coffee, so it's hardly used. He wanted a newer one not long ago, but I kiboshed that idea.

I bought myself some new straighteners recently but other than that I haven't really bought anything off Amazon.

So this week is a bit hectic, I have accounts to finish off, it's Han's final week of school, and I think we've tried to pack as many last appointments in as we could.

I've still got my filter coffee machine and also some packs of coffee for it so I can switch between the 2 depending on how we feel. I can make more coffee with the filter machine as the pod one will only hold enough water to make to mugs of coffee.
I only drink coffee but during the day it's just the cheap Tesco own brand instant granules.
The posh coffee as you call it is what we have after our main meal, we have one then.

Kelly's lot break up on Friday, her eldest starts secondary school when they go back in September, it's frightening to think where the years have gone and he's 11 now, young Caia is 5 next month. :scream:

Has Kelly got a new washing machine yet?

Seriously Caia is 5! Wow, that has flown by!

Han finishes today too and wouldn't you know it's peeing it down! Just to give you an update her group won a prize for the making your own religion/church etc. They won for best 'creativity', I'm not quite sure what they won, but there were a few other winners too.

Kelly's machine came today and she connected it up and did several loads of washing this afternoon. :D

I know it's frightening how time is flying by, they do say it seems to go quicker the old you get and it's true. :scream:

Same here weather wise Angie, mind you, I did say to Kelly we've had really nice sunny weather so it's bound to change when the kids break up. :D

Well done to Han and her group on the win, Cameron got a prize at his leaving assembly. He got a decorated slate for his art work, it was a nice big square of Welsh slate with a picture of the school painted on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back