What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circle of hell sounds more like an understatement, you poor thing, glad to hear it's all done now and you're getting back to normal.
How has John's health coped with all this going on?
I did want to laugh when you mentioned the mower incident but I bet your neighbour regretted offering to mow your grass after that.
I'll have to go and shut this laptop down before the battery is completely drained, I'd only just plugged it in and the power went, OK power back on hopefully it stays, still have to go and sort out different clocks etc. :eyeroll:

Yeah, there were lots of things that also went wrong when the build was going on, but by that point, I'd passed caring. John wasn't here for some of the build, although when he returned, he got to sit back relax and make decisions now and again.

I actually thought there had been a mass accident when I heard the bang from the mower; I thought he'd crashed it, bless my neighbour, he's a lovely guy and was only doing me a favour. I shall not be suing him anytime soon. 😂 He's cut the grass now although I'm not too sure what's going on with the drain cover. :D

Han's with you Joan she thought it was hilarious when I told her.

Quite pleased that the power wasn't out for too long yesterday. I phoned and they were aware of a problem in my area and they expected it to be back on by 4pm. I think it was around the 2ish mark when it went and it came back on about 3.15pm.

A nice lady phoned me later on to check everything was OK because I'm on the priority list.

I asked what had gone wrong and she said someone had damaged the cable, I said was it the gas board, John said they were working around the corner, and she said yes. 🤣

Ooh on the priority list, do you know people Joan? Are you Queen Bee in your town? 😂 Lol, it's always the workmen that end up damaging stuff.

Don't know anyone Angie, 🤣 It's because of my age and being disabled they try to get you connected among the first ones, oh! I don't live in a town it's a coastal road village. :D

Not today...3 days ago. Final payment on my car :) 3 years old, and all mine...lifetime warranty too!

E8RaCnv.jpg

A Guy

That's brilliant news Bill, enjoy the rest of its life.
Does your lifetime warranty cover it for all repairs so all you need to pay out are fuel costs?

Lifetime warranty is bumper to bumper. Anything goes wrong, there is $100 deductible, everything else is covered, except wear items like tires and brakes of course, unless there is a brake issue that is not just worn out pads. A Guy

Not today...3 days ago. Final payment on my car :)three years old, and all mine...lifetime warranty too!

E8RaCnv.jpg

A Guy

I love your car! That's excellent that it's finally yours Bill well done. Lifetime warranty, wow, well you can't beat that, can you!

As for you Joan I'm not having it that your not Queen of the town...err sorry Coast lol, you know people I'm sure of it! 😂

The only exciting thing for me this week is I'm finally back in the office, and the new bed is on its way; apparently, you can't just buy them anymore, and they make them to order! The first one we would have had to wait six weeks for, but I wasn't having that so we settled on a bed a that only took three weeks so it should be here this week!

Wow! that's a first never heard you can't just buy a bed, what on earth are you having it made out of? 🤣

John got a 3 year warranty with his for all repairs but it wasn't a new car and it came as part of the price, I remember when you got it Bill.

I know you'd think it was made of gold or something! You used to be able to get a couch next day now it's 12 weeks and the bed well I thought he was joking! I could have knocked one up in a day or two, it might not have been as sturdy as the one they'll send me, but it definitely would have been cheaper. 🤣

It's a rainy day today, so I thought I'd try and work through my enormous in- tray! I must admit it's looking a lot better now than when I started.

Kelly needed a bed for Cameron as his had broke and when Amy my neighbour was having the house next door cleared out she had Amy's bed mainly because she'd made it herself. She had a set of legs so she used a door then bought a mattress costing about £180 with a 12 year warranty for it and said it was more comfortable than the ones she'd bought as beds.

As far as Kelly's children are concerned she is granny Amy. :)

It's been rainy here as well Angie, it did stop for a while but it's now raining again, trouble is the direction is making it hit my kitchen door because it doesn't have a canopy so I can't have the door open when it rains and when I do open it the water that's on the door just runs down onto the kitchen floor. :scream:

Did I read that right a bed made from a door? :dizzy: Was this a Blue Peter style bed with loo roll and some sticky back plastic? 🤣

Speaking of beds, we're going to be bedroom swapping again because we have to take down the old bed tonight as the new bed is coming rather early tomorrow and it saves trying to move two beds in one go! Once that gets sorted I will then hopefully try and manage to finish dressing the room, although why I can't get yellow/mustard accessories is beyond me. We even went to a shop the other day with displays, and the only thing they had in yellow was a vase that got shoved in with the red section.

We also found a lovely picture, but I can't get it because the delivery time is three weeks (I've heard that before) and it'd be coming from the Ukraine, so I don't think they do specific dates in my area. Lol!

At least my accounting is going well! 😂 Ooh, and it's still raining! 🌧

Well, today I've had to buy a new house phone. Talk about trouble, I know there's all this technology around but trying to find a corded landline phone that has additional cordless handsets is a nightmare.

I need to have a phone that you can plug into the landline, it's all very well having cordless but if the power goes you can't use them and I need to keep in touch with the electricity people.

Got one from Amazon, it's a Panasonic with the corded main base and 3 cordless handsets so there'll be 1 for the living room, 1 for the kitchen and 1 for John's office, the corded main base goes in my office where the landline socket is.

You heard me right the bed was made from a door, Amy said she'd got a set of 4 nice legs so decided to make herself a bed using a door, of course when you've got the bedding on it you can't see what it's made of and it's got a really good mattress. 😂

Wow a corded landline, blimey not seen one of those for ages! We had to replace ours a few weeks ago because every time you were on the phone, the handsets kept dying so we just binned them and got some more. All ours are cordless, lol you made me laugh when you said you have to stay in contact with the electricity people. You must have them stored on speed dial!

Ha ha I thought I'd read the door/bed wrong so thanks for clarifying that for me. Well if it looked good and was comfy who cares what it's made out of. I'm not convinced with our new one yet, but John likes it, he is, however, not convinced on the new lightweight quilt that I've bought. It has the heat of a 10.5 tog but not the weight. I bet Bill doesn't have this winter quilt problem he probably has a sheet. 🤣

Today I've been making his lordship a cake so busy bee really. I had to dash out midway through the cake because I didn't have any icing sugar to roll out with. Then when I finished everything I checked the other cupboard and I did have some so there was no need to go and get any! I'm such a numpty. :oops:

I like the new phone set, even though the handsets are a bit smaller than the previous one it does show you all the phone number on the screen.

I hadn't got round to putting phone numbers in the book when the phone rang and this voice informed me that a number was calling, it read out the number, it turned out to be Kelly, now the numbers are in the phonebook it actually tells you who is ringing if it matches one in there, you can turn the feature off but I quite like it, doesn't mean I won't turn it off at some point if I find it gets annoying. 😄

It has a Block Call button as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back