What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well la de dah :D

A Guy
🤣 I was busy yesterday sorting out furniture, swopped the chairs we got in the living room for a couch from my neighbour. Busy washing today, I'm just waiting for the last load to finish drying, I'm off now to start sorting out the animal's food then our evening meal so for now I'll love you and leave you. :D

Aww, you two are playing nicely I see.

That's kind of you to post the free books, Bill, I usually get my kindle reminders days after they're not free anymore because I always forget to check my kindle.

Even though I'm 5ft 7" I did love wearing a pair of heels now and again. My footwear of choice now is anything that's comfortable. I've currently got on some slip-on trainers with no laces as my flat shoes have been digging into my feet.

I get all my notices on the computer Angie, it's the thing I'm on more so it makes sense to me. At present all I use the Kindle for is to read the books and of course my phone just for the odd call and then texts and the camera.

My slippers are my comfortable footwear. 😄

See I don't get kindle notices on the pc I get mine hidden in my phone if I go on the Kindle app, they've usually expired when I get to them too! 😆

Window day today! Yeah, my new windows are on the way as we speak. John told me they were coming yesterday and made me get up early. 😒 We're now on a mad rush to all get ready before they arrive! 😛

Good luck with the windows, I take it you're having them changed to a different style or what?

I had a visitor today just after 1pm, we've got a dish outside the kitchen door with a few cat biscuits in, the blackbirds like to come and take them.
I was in the kitchen and heard something and thought it was the birds, I went to the door and looked out and it was a fox. Willow was in the kitchen having some food and I went in the living room to get my phone thinking the fox would probably have gone but when I came back Willow was by the open door growling and the fox was still eating the biscuits. It saw me and backed off a bit but I managed to get a photo, it then did a runner over the wall into next doors garden, the same way the badgers go so it will probably go up the side into the field at the back of us.

I'll sort out the photo and post it in a minute. :D

Here's the fox photo.

Angie, does that mean you'll be expecting...the blind guy!?

Joan, that's so cool. Every so often if I go downstairs at night I have surprised a raccoon. Or shall I say, they surprised me! Huge buggers!

A Guy

Lol, the windows are still being put in. It's just the bay windows that are going in the rest are done. The windows that were in have been in since the house was built and they started to fail so we've opted for new ones and a new config because they weren't up to fire regs. The front ones have been kept in line with the ones on the street but the back ones have been changed.

Yes, Bill, the blind guy will be getting a call but not before the real work starts. Next week the ensuite bathroom gets ripped out the ceilings come down, the floors are up and I've got roughly about a month's worth of work being carried out which I'm not looking forward too!

I went for my root canal yesterday so that's my mouth all sorted now! 😁

I love the picture of the fox Joan that's great, however, I would not be happy to be surprised by a racoon though, crikey, they're supposed to be a little vicious, aren't they?

Don't think I'd like a racoon visiting either Angie. I don't think I ever put a photo of our badgers here did I so I'll go and find one to show you.

Here's one of the photos I have of our badgers, I've got others and also some when there were 2 of them outside but those are stored on a CD and I'd had to hook up the CD drive to get to them on here. This was taken a couple of years ago.

Ha ha, you need to get pictures of the raccoons that would be fun. I've seen vids of them in walls and cupboards of people's kitchens and they look sweet but they're really aggressive! Yikes!

@Joan, yeah I remember you posting this pic, that only looks tiny but John tells me they can be quite big. I can honestly say I have never seen a real one. When I get a minute I'll have to post the pictures of the deers.

John's right they are quite big, it was probably the angle I took the photo making it look small. Just asked John what to compare the size with and he said perhaps a cocker spaniel, although a large boar could probably dwarf a spaniel, the legs I would say are a bit shorter than the dogs.

He's just looking in his Field Guide to Mammals and it says a full-grown Badger is bigger than a Raccoon and Wolverine, body length can be about 31½"/80cm then there's the tail.

Last edited:
Yeah John tells me they are like stocky little creatures, I would definitely assume they are much bigger than the raccoons but we shall have to wait for pics of those from Bill......Camera Action! 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back