What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have school dinners at high school either; I used to go home every day and make something. That was when you were allowed to leave the school grounds. Nowadays the kids have to remain on the school grounds all day so they can either take sandwiches or buy dinner there.

I also have a big box calendar too, not for my food supplies but my diary for the month so I know what I'm upto.

Spaghetti Bolognese for tea tonight. 🙂

Neither did we Bill, plain and simple food was the order of the day for me. I'm sure I had school dinners but they'd be paid for by the council as my parents didn't have any money. I know I used to get a bottle of milk in a morning at school, a third of a pint it was in a glass bottle with a straw. :lmao:

This wasn't today but I've had my hair cut, yesterday in fact. I loved having long hair and a ponytail but it had got to the stage where I just couldn't manage it any more. Trying to brush and put it up each day was difficult and trying to wash it was getting even harder. John didn't like it when I had it short, well not the way I had it because it was too harsh so when our friend, who cuts our hair, came to cut his yesterday we talked about it and she cut mine shorter. I haven't decided yet if I like it but John said it suited me and made me look cheeky, don't know that I believe him. :D

I'll leave it for a bit longer then decide if I need to have her come back and put a bit of shape into it. :eyeroll: This is a photo I took earlier.

Flattery will get you everywhere. :lmao:
I'm starting to get used to it a bit more, I've left off the Alice band and just combed it a bit different, still not completely sure about it.:(

Whit woo Mrs, I love it! I'm with you, I keep trying to grow my hair back to shoulder length but then it becomes too much faff and I have it cut. I've given up now and prefer not spending ages trying to get my hair sorted. I think the cut really suits you.

We used to have milk in the crates at primary school for the first few years and then it stopped. There were also a few people who had vouchers from the council for their dinners. They have a fingerprint system at school now so they all have an account and pay with their fingers at dinnertime so they don't have to carry money. When Han's friends didn't have any money left she used to end up buying them dinner. 😂

Today we've been tile shopping, twice. The nice man at the store even took the tile off his display so we could take it home to see if it is what we wanted. Unfortunately, it was nice but didn't go with everything else we had chosen, so we're back to the drawing board. 🤔

Thanks Angie, my hair was half way down my back before the cut. It was a bit longer when she cut it but of course she had wet it so when it dried it had a curl and wave so that made it shorter.

Where is you are tiling?

I probably will Bill; I'll need him back again. 😂

Where is you are tiling?

We're looking at doing the ensuite but we currently have six different tiles at present, and I don't like any of them. 🤨 John says I should leave it to him, but that's NEVER going to happen, so we're back to square one again. 🤪

I've been tidying up the site today and going through some old the old posts and sorting through links, so if you get a message that I've liked one of your posts, that's why. I'm also still trying to get to grips with Instagram, I seem to be able to randomly post and bumble along but I'm still not quite sure what on earth I'm doing. There must be a thick guide for me somewhere. 😂😂

That's somewhere I've not been yet Angie so I'd probably need one of those Dummy books as well, I don't even know what sort of site it's supposed to be. :eyeroll:

Thanks Bill, I'll have to have a look when I've got 5 minutes to spare, doubt if it's somewhere else I need to be, I can't keep up with what I have as it is without joining another site. :eyeroll:

It's a picture site mainly Joan, I wasn't going to bother but my friend kept telling me to join so I've posted a lot of my cake/baking pics and a front cover of my book on there. It's opened me up to lots of new contacts and people seeing what I do around the world so it's quite good in that respect. Some people use it for selfies but a lot of people use it as a business platform. It's actually quite a task keeping up with all the social media accounts but it's something in this day and age you have to do.

Aww thanks, Bill, I will have a proper look at that tomorrow, I don't post pictures from my phone so I was having difficulty trying to upload them. I'm now doing it through my kindle but I'm not sure about how to do the mini stories they have underneath their profiles but when I posted the other day I managed to do it by accident. 😂

I'll read up properly on the doc you attached and see what else they can advise. I did manage to use the filters but I'm not sure going forward I'm going to use them even though the picture looks good it seems a little fake on my page so I may stick with good old fashioned Angie pics. 🙂

This is my Instagram: Help Me Bake (@helpmebake) • Instagram photos and videos

Gotta go now, the oven is warmed up and I need to take my lamb out of the slow cooker.

Last edited:
Glad to hear it will open more contacts for you, that will help you a lot. I loved looking at the photos of your cakes etc.

It's not somewhere I'll bother joining, I don't take enough photos to make it worthwhile, Kelly uses Snapchat, that's another one I've never looked at.

I have that much free space here and there I don't use so I definitely don't need more.

I hope this works out for you and brings in lots more to the site and book sales. :D

I don't do social :D

Your IG site looks great Angie. :wink:

A Guy

Is IG short for Instagram Bill, I'm not down with the kids yet. 😂

Thanks, guys, I'm must admit I'm not an avid social media user, but I have come to realise that it is a good platform and does connect people far and wide. I'm trying to do more on it as time goes by because different people like different platforms.
I don't do snapchat or a lot of the other apps that are about and tend to stick with Twitter, Fb and now Instagram. You can spend your life posting stuff everywhere, but I physically don't have the time.

Instagram has opened me up to a more worldwide audience, and hopefully, it may lead more people to the site and towards book sales like you say, Joan. At the minute though it's nice to see my cakes and bakes in one place and what people make of them. 🙂

Bill's the man!

Managed to get in the garden today for a spot of fresh air before the rain set in. Apparently, on Friday it's practically summertime! 🥳

It wasn't so good here today, they have stated that the temperature is supposed to be raising as a warm front is coming up from the south. Trouble is that could probably bring rain with it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back