What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have one of those Angie, it's on my Kindle but I've never used it. Kelly has one but I don't know how much they use it.

We use ours a lot of the time, although the other day I nearly ended up ordering stuff and then sometimes she never gives me a straight answer. I listen to the radio on, but at the minute I'm getting a bit fed up of them playing the same five tracks, so I'm considering changing stations again.

I don't listen to the radio the TV is usually on, even if I'm not in the room. It means there is always some type of noise going on, either talking or music etc. :D

Yeah, I have the radio on in the other room, I don't like working in silence, so a bit of background noise does the trick. So I have to ask when do you guys put up your Christmas trees?

Well with me it can be a couple of days before Christmas, although last year I didn't put my tree up as it was too much for me.

I still put some decorations around the living room, usually optic lights etc. a bit of tinsel around and I've got a vase arrangement I put out each year that is a Christmas display. It goes in a vase with coloured glass pebbles and I put it on the fireplace with a red and silver sparkling garland around the fireplace.

It will probably be the same again this year, I can't stand for long enough to put a tree and baubles out but I have to have some sparkle around the room. :D 🎄🌟

Would Christmas trees be up around Thanksgiving or is that too soon?

I put mine up at the beginning of December, whenever the first weekend falls. Han always offers to help then about three baubles in she's bored and finds something else to do. 😂 I still have my multi-colored lights which John hates, but I find them very Christmassy, so they're staying. 🎄

Well with me it can be a couple of days before Christmas, although last year I didn't put my tree up as it was too much for me.

I still put some decorations around the living room, usually optic lights etc. a bit of tinsel around and I've got a vase arrangement I put out each year that is a Christmas display. It goes in a vase with coloured glass pebbles, and I put it on the fireplace with a red and silver sparkling garland around the fireplace.

It will probably be the same again this year, I can't stand for long enough to put a tree and baubles out, but I have to have some sparkle around the room. :D 🎄🌟

We don't do decorations, just the tree. I know a lady at yoga that has three mini trees that are all nicely decorated, so she whips them out at Christmas and then when it's over she puts a bag over the top of them and then they're ready to go the following year. She says it takes her about 10 minutes each year, which I think is fab! 👍

We've not even looked at Christmas yet; I seem to be getting later and later each year. :oops:

Well Kelly has started sorting hers out now, but then she likes all the run-up to Christmas but everything comes down Boxing Day, she had a very traumatic experience several years ago on a Boxing Day which she still finds upsetting so Christmas only lasts till Christmas Day.

It looked good and was realistic, I've seen other sites where cakes have been made to look like something completely different. It takes a lot of talent and I applaud the makers. :)

Well Kelly has started sorting hers out now, but then she likes all the run-up to Christmas but everything comes down Boxing Day, she had a very traumatic experience several years ago on a Boxing Day which she still finds upsetting so Christmas only lasts till Christmas Day.

Aww bless her, at least she manages to enjoy all the festivities though.

@thomaseg1 oh my word that is far too realistic! I'm not quite sure if I could get my head around that one!

It looked good and was realistic, I've seen other sites where cakes have been made to look like something completely different. It takes a lot of talent and I applaud the makers. :)

I have seen stuff like that too; they are real artists in my book because the attention to detail is phenomenal!

Crikey the weekend is over already!

The Dr. phoned me this lunchtime about my blood results and she's taking one of the tablets from my prescription.

It's the one for my overactive thyroid, apparently it has been normal for the last 3 years so I should be able to manage without medication, they will still keep testing me and doing bloods but hopefully, things will be OK. My blood pressure meds strength has been reduced by half but I've not been on them for long enough yet to know if it will reduce the swelling of my legs and the redness they can cause. 🙄
Honestly, they give medicine to cure one thing only for it to make something else worse. :scream:

I believe they are collecting your DNA so they can clone you!
YAl1VX0.gif

A Guy

The Dr. phoned me this lunchtime about my blood results and she's taking one of the tablets from my prescription.

It's the one for my overactive thyroid, apparently it has been normal for the last 3 years so I should be able to manage without medication, they will still keep testing me and doing bloods but hopefully, things will be OK. My blood pressure meds strength has been reduced by half but I've not been on them for long enough yet to know if it will reduce the swelling of my legs and the redness they can cause. 🙄
Honestly, they give medicine to cure one thing only for it to make something else worse. :scream:

Glad to see your not letting the vampires keep you down 😊

I been busy , Two girls and grand kid here for Thanksgiving.
Tigger is sleeping on Shelly's bed (he usually sleeps on the back of the couch).
The Girls are working on Thursday's meal already.
My complaints that we are not going to feed an army, are falling
on deaf ears.

oh well plenty of leftovers in the works 😊

Aww, how lovely that you're all going to spend Thanksgiving together and the girls are already getting ahead of schedule. Are you allowed in the kitchen or have they just taken over?

I bet you're thrilled your granddaughter is back over as I know how much you were missing her.

We were going to try and do a Thanksgiving meal on Thursday but Han's out at a private film screening, so that's put paved to that idea. She's such a busy bee; I feel like her PA at times because she has that much going on. 😂

Fingers crossed that the new meds work and the swelling goes down. As for cloning you @A Guy, I think they broke the mould when they made Joan, with all her shenanigans I doubt her clone would stand a chance! :D

Last edited:
Fingers crossed that the new meds work and the swelling goes down. As for cloning you @A Guy, I think they broke the mould when they made Joan, with all her shenanigans I doubt her clone would stand a chance! :D

I hope so as well Angie as it's very uncomfortable, especially around my ankles, they feel like they're going to split when they swell up, still never mind things could be worse. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back