What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear that you're all safe and doing okay. 😊

Today, not quite sure where it's gone, but I've been busy, I know that.

Hope you guys are having a lovely weekend.

Well it's been non-stop rain here all day and very windy as well, talk about miserable. There will probably be quite a lot of flooding around I'm sure. :scream:

Yesterday I got a big frown over my French fry dip.
I made a big bowl of fries and need something to dip them in.
A bit of ketchup and mustard and mayonase in a bowl mixed
up makes a great dip.
I'm told that it should be just ketchup but where's the fun in that.:)

Yeah, I agree fries should have ketchup. However, they have just bought out a new sauce (Mayochup or Saucy Sauce) over here which mixes ketchup and mayo together. Maybe your concoction could be the spicier version. 😊

Lots of drizzle today and lots more to do, I need to make some sugar flowers later but have to get some icing first. I don't do rain as it messes with my hair so I'm hoping it will stop soon so I can nip out.

We've had some sunshine part of the day for the last couple of days, usually in the morning, then the grey clouds would come rolling in, there's not been so much rain though, thank goodness.

Got a busy couple of days this week, this morning the doctor turned up to check me out and she will be sending the nurses out to do blood pressure and blood tests. She is going to reduce the strength of the blood pressure tablets they gave me as she said that could be causing some of the extra problems I've developed. Apparently, all the others I take are needed and OK.

Tomorrow morning the man is coming to do the yearly service on the boiler, and I had my eye test at home a couple of weeks ago and they are bringing my new glasses tomorrow.

Right be back tomorrow, got to go and put some credit on my electric meter, then put moisturiser on my lower legs to try and combat one of the new problems that have developed, Dr. said it was important to keep it from drying and splitting. 🙄

I like mayo with chips (as in the English Chip) that is so it's not just the Dutch. 😂

@Joan Crikey you're a busy bee as always. I'm glad you've had the once over by the nurses. You'll have to send us a pic of you in your new specs. Ooh sorry to hear about your legs, I agree with @thomaseg1 that aloe is very good for skin healing. I have dehydrated hands (because I wash them every ten minutes) so I use Aloe cream to rehydrate them.

Busy day for me too, I've made a bazillion flowers for a cake I'm preparing for a lady who is celebrating being 100. I also seem to be losing cake stuff by the minute, not only have my whisk ends still vanished I tried looking for my veiners today, and they seem to have gone missing along with a box of all my stuff. I've had to order another one now so that I can finish off what I need too. I swear there's a magic wardrobe somewhere with all my stuff in it. 🤔

Last edited:
Are you sure John or Hannah aren't playing tricks and hiding your stuff?

I've got several different lotions at the side of me and the Dr. said any of them were OK to use, a couple of them are baby lotions, so far nothing has helped and they've just got worse over time but she said lowering the strength of the pills should help. I hope so getting fed up with the state of them.

Well the boiler is serviced for another year but they've told Norman, my landlord, that the tank will have to be changed soon and be replaced by a double-skinned one, apparently it will be law. 🙄

I know they wind me up from time to time, but they know better than to mess with any of my baking stuff. Han still thinks it's hilarious that I can't find my whisk beaters. :eyeroll:

I can't use baby lotions on mine because it smarts too much that's why I went with the Aloe. It is a shame that nothing is helping you at the minute, but hopefully, with the pill strength lowered, you may get some softness back.

Excellent, glad that you're going to be warm and toastie in the coming months, is yours an oil heating system? Will they make a lot of mess when they have to change the tank?

I've added a Vaseline Aloe cream to my Tesco order for Friday to give that a try.

The one the nurse gave me at the start of all this is a Paraffin based one, Cetraben, I've also got Johnsons Baby Lotion, Baby Farm sensitive skin baby moisturiser and Vaseline intensive care essential healing.

The one you can only use a tiny amount for a short time is Betnovate, it's one you have to get on prescription but they warn you it thins the skin which is why you can't use it for long or use too much.

Glad that you've found one that you can use on your hands without bother, I'll see how I get on with what I'm getting on Friday. It will be another week before I get the lower dose pills unless she has faxed a prescription through to the chemist which I doubt as she didn't ask who I used. I told her I would be ordering on Monday anything I needed, she said that when I did it would be the new dosage, and it would be the Thursday or Friday before it got delivered to me.

Been soaking my hands in a paraffin and mineral oil bath (tank)
Took my knuckle swelling right down.
Its so hot you have to dip your hands in several times to get a good coating
of paraffin on them then just let them set in the heat for about 20 minutes.
after peeling off the paraffin and washing off , I can close my
hands as fists again. the heat goes right to the bone.

Last edited:
@
I've added a Vaseline Aloe cream to my Tesco order for Friday to give that a try.

The one the nurse gave me at the start of all this is a Paraffin based one, Cetraben; I've also got Johnsons Baby Lotion, Baby Farm sensitive skin baby moisturiser and Vaseline intensive care essential healing.

The one you can only use a tiny amount for a short time is Betnovate, it's one you have to get on prescription, but they warn you it thins the skin which is why you can't use it for long or use too much.

Glad that you've found one that you can use on your hands without bother, I'll see how I get on with what I'm getting on Friday. It will be another week before I get the lower dose pills unless she has faxed a prescription through to the chemist, which I doubt as she didn't ask who I used. I told her I would be ordering on Monday anything I needed, she said that when I did it would be the new dosage, and it would be the Thursday or Friday before it got delivered to me.

Yeah hopefully one of them will work for you.

Faxed, really do people in this day and age use faxes anymore? :dizzy: However, they choose to pass the info I hope that all your ailments will improve with the new meds.

Today has been pretty grim with rain, rain, rain and more rain so much so that they are now issuing flood warnings.

Off to make tea in a minute, gammon and chips tonight.

It's not been too bad here today, we've had some sunshine but horrible grey clouds have been rolling in and out during the day, the last couple of days have been colder though.

As for the fax thing, our doctors do still use it, well they did a few months ago as when talking to them they'll tell you that they will fax the prescription over to the chemist.

Oh just remembered I forgot to answer you yesterday about the heating, yes ours is oil and it shouldn't be messy as they will bring a tank to pump the oil out of the present one replace it then pump the oil back into the new tank, they did say I wouldn't lose any oil. The only thing is I think they will have to extend the base as the present one probably won't be big enough to take a new tank.

Had a good sunny day again today but cold, tomorrow is not as good according to the forecast, but I never take any notice of that as we have our own climate in this corner of Wales.

Busy day today making the 100th cake, so I'll be back tomorrow to catch up with you properly. 👩‍🍳

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back