What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have quite a few notes on the items in my list, another annoyance is the potatoes, I have a note for them to pick the largest they're for chips and you get a load of them where you'd be lucky to get 2 chips from them. 🙄

A lot of the time it's when they have the school kids doing the job, they just don't care about being careful and I'm sure they don't take any notice of the notes, even the drivers roll their eyes about some of the packing they do.

I take it you've got to be slicing at an angle for that loaf then?

Yes, triangles galore on that one! 😆

I swear if it carries on, I'm definitely going to make a thread on it. I wish I'd have taken a picture of the Batman Bread now because that was ace.

Speaking of potatoes, I was really pleased that a small boy asked his Mum what they were having to eat the other day otherwise I'd have forgotten to buy my potatoes from the farm shop. He wasn't pleased they were having roast dinner, but I was pleased he asked the question otherwise we'd have just ended up with meat on the plate.

🤣 What are you like. 🤣

Well today was the last collection for the old way of collecting our rubbish, next week we start using the new containers and we've swopped our collection day as well.

The collection will now be a Wednesday instead of Tuesday and we now have to do the councils dustbin men's job of sorting out the rubbish before putting in into separate containers.

What used to be the black bags of rubbish to be burnt which were collected every fortnight they will now be grey bags collected every 3 weeks.

The glass boxes will now go out weekly instead of fortnightly and the food waste will still be weekly in the same bins. What used to be in orange plastic bags will now be split into a box for paper, a canvas like bag for cardboard and another canvas bag for all the cans, aerosols cartons etc.

According to the council it will mean less general rubbish and more recycling items collected.

We'll just have to wait and see how it all goes. :scream:

Well I ordered my groceries online for the 1st time. After a day on the treadmill at
the doctors office, I was beat. A cherry eyed girl showed at 4 pm with
the order in a box. Cans were on the bottom, boxes in the middle and bread and eggs on top.
Very neat.

@Joan good luck with all the sorting out, for our bins we have paper and cardboard in one, plastic and glass in another, green waste/gardening waste in the other and then just household. Ours come every three weeks, which is a nightmare, and I spent my life jumping in the bins to squash things down. I don't know how you're going to manage with all those bags.

Well, I ordered my groceries online for the 1st time. After a day on the treadmill at
the doctor's office, I was beat. A cherry eyed girl showed at 4 pm with
the order in a box. Cans were on the bottom, boxes in the middle and bread and eggs on top.
Very neat.

I hope everything healthwise is good; I bet you racked up quite some mileage being on the treadmill all day.

I'm pleased that your groceries came well packed albeit I'm a little envious that you got unsquashed bread! 😆 I take it you'll be doing it again. Ordering online that is.

@Joan good luck with all the sorting out, for our bins we have paper and cardboard in one, plastic and glass in another, green waste/gardening waste in the other and then just household. Ours come every three weeks, which is a nightmare, and I spent my life jumping in the bins to squash things down. I don't know how you're going to manage with all those bags.

I hope everything healthwise is good; I bet you racked up quite some mileage being on the treadmill all day.

I'm pleased that your groceries came well packed albeit I'm a little envious that you got unsquashed bread! 😆 I take it you'll be doing it again. Ordering online that is.
Two loaves of Italian bread with the eggs in the middle.
I might , though I really like roaming the grocery store , I always find something I miss otherwise 😊

Well I ordered my groceries online for the 1st time. After a day on the treadmill at
the doctors office, I was beat. A cherry eyed girl showed at 4 pm with
Very neat.
That sounds like a very nicely packed box, my shopping wouldn't fit all in one box as the chilled and frozen go into different parts of the delivery van. I have to do a whole weeks shopping at a time, I can no longer actually go to a store and shop.

See Mom toss that manhole cover?

A Guy

That's precisely what I said; those things are proper heavy! No messing when your kids are involved, She-Ra to the rescue.

Angie could stop laughing at this earlier...so, so cruel!!!

Bad, bad monkey! :plead:penmouth: This is both bad and good on so many levels with a fun factor thrown in. :lmao: The mother in me hopes that the child is safe and sound but as the quote says whoever added the music (which was a stroke of genius by the way) will be going to hell along with all the people who make fun of it. Hopefully all involved will be able to laugh about it eventually.

I must confess though it still makes me giggle. :p

I might, though I really like roaming the grocery store, I always find something I miss otherwise 😊

I don't like pushing the trolley around (because I always manage to get the one that wants to go its own way) so I avoid shopping as much as I can. However, with online shopping, you can't see all the goodies they have to entice you with which you can in-store. They rotate the shelves around as much as they can so you buy more.

Today...

This year's pumpkins were finished yesterday so I will post them later.

Last edited:
My youngest grandson is 10 today. He had a really nice surprise this morning, his best friend lives in Jersey now but his grandparents live in Tenby so they still get to see each other. He'd come over for ½ term and Connor had gone to stay with him till yesterday afternoon but been told Daniel was going home this morning.

Kelly and Daniels Gran had arranged it and this morning Daniel turns up at Kelly's house and gives Connor a wonderful surprise and he's staying over for the night. Kelly texts me when he arrived and said I should have seen Connors face, I replied I bet it was a picture. He was thrilled to bits as he'd been upset saying he just wished Daniel was there for his birthday.

I doubt if there'd be much trick or treating as the weathers been miserable all day with lots of rain. :(

Wow! We've had no rain whoop, whoop, it tried before, but I shooed it away, and it's stayed dry all evening. :clapping:

Aww, how wonderful that they got to spend time together and Connor got his birthday wish! That will beat any birthday present hands down, what a lovely surprise. 🤗 An extra special birthday making memories with his best friend! Fabulous!

We're currently on 999 threads so I'm trying to come up with a post for the 1000th one! Back in a minute! 😆

Last edited:
Not much trick or treating here , Practically still about 5 pm. Big storm came through.
Got "Volunteered" to help out at at the High School where they had a
Halloween-Harvest Festival.
My green cookies went over well.

Wish we'd get some rain...

A Guy

Come here for a week, and you'll get plenty. 😂

Not much trick or treating here, Practically still about 5 pm. A big storm came through.
Got "Volunteered" to help out at at the High School where they had a
Halloween-Harvest Festival.
My green cookies went over well.

Did you enjoy the Harvest Halloween festival? When you say green cookies, I'm assuming you mean the colour? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back