What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember hearing about these English foxes

T7suMQA.jpg

A Guy

Aww, I used to love the Robin Hood cartoon!

He looks in good condition Angie, our fox was round the other night as well but of course there are biscuits outside the kitchen door for our visitors and he's like the badger and just steps back for a second when he sees you look out the door then comes back to eat again.

My neighbour sadly will be gone at the weekend, she's found somewhere else to rent for the time being as Amy, the owner, just wants to get the place sold now so that's a problem solved for her, she doesn't need the hassle at her age, she's in her late 80s.

I'll miss her and Poppy her cat, my 2 cats will miss Poppy as well, they have been very well behaved while she's been around. She's a very old lady, she's 22.

Not been in my office today gave the accounts a rest. Hope you get better soon Angie. :loveit:

He looks superimposed on that picture when I look at him. But it's good to know he's looking well. I've still never seen a Badger up close and personal, but then again I don't think I'd want too.

That's a shame about your neighbour, but hopefully, you'll get someone just as lovely to replace her.

My job of the day today is moving dead frogs! Yuk! There was a flattened one where the garage door meets the floor, and the other one was attached to the floor where it had been run over. Both were stuck so I had a bit of trouble removing them! This is the price I pay for getting a bit of fresh air! 😂

I hope we get someone nice, trouble is because of the type of building it is it may take a long time to sell and it needs money spent on it. It doesn't have double glazing and the wiring needs renewing and it's doubtful anyone will get a mortgage on it so it has to be a cash sale.
I'm worried it may end up as a holiday let and then we don't know who we'll get driving up and down the drive. :scream:

Poor frogs, 🙄 glad you manage to remove them. 😂

It's my eldest sons birthday today, he's 53, that really makes me feel old seeing it written down and knowing it means my eldest is 55½ :scream:

I suffering Shelly withdrawal. So is Tigger .
I miss that Orange Top trying to peek and see what I am fixing for lunch.
Currently its just Bologna sandwiches with Zucchini relish .
Tigger is pouting now that his playmate is gone, the most active I have seen him in a while.:)

@Joan - ooh unchartered waters! I agree if it needs a lot of work, then it will need someone with a vested interest but my take is if you're going to spend a lot of money doing something up you'd rather do it for yourself than someone else. Hopefully, that will be the case in this instance.

Yes, I like my frogs, so I wasn't thrilled that we'd squished any, I saw one go in the garage the other week, and we left the door open a little for it to escape so we did try.

I hope your son has a wonderful day, will you ring him or see him over the weekend?

@thomaseg1 - Aww you and Joan really are having some unhappy cat problems. I'm not great with cats they tend to torment me. My friends used to follow me around the room until it had me cornered. :scream: I do hope Shelly comes to visit you soon. Does he usually help out with the sandwiches?

@Joan
I hope your son has a wonderful day, will you ring him or see him over the weekend?
I won't see him, he lives in Castle Donington up in Derbyshire, I expect he'll probably be spending his time with his girlfriend after work, he works for himself and is often late finishing. He might even be away with her, she's an Air Hostess and he's travelled to many places with her. :)

No I couldn't don't get me wrong I like meat, but I don't think I could do it. We had a venison stew at Lapland when we visited although I'm not sure if Santa would be too happy with that. 😂

Nooooo, I would never touch the stuff that or brains. :scream:

The only roadkill that we would probably have is squirrel, rabbit or the odd pheasant but I couldn't eat those either. :D

Actually Haggis isn't too bad , I tried it last time I was in England. Could have used more spices.
But then I'll eat just about anything.

nationalpost.com

“In 1971 it became illegal to import haggis into the US from the UK due to a ban on food containing sheep lung, which constitutes 10 to 15% of the traditional recipe. ... As haggis cannot be exported to the United States, it is instead made there, sometimes by Scottish companies.

View attachment 4915
nationalpost.com
“In 1971 it became illegal to import haggis into the US from the UK due to a ban on food containing sheep lung, which constitutes 10 to 15% of the traditional recipe. ... As haggis cannot be exported to the United States, it is instead made there, sometimes by Scottish companies.

Ah, so you only eat it here then. Nope, does not look appetising one bit! I think the thought of it puts me off more than anything. Each to their own, I guess. My friend loves it but then again she's Scottish. 😂 She adores Haggis and tatties.

@A Guy, if it's anything smaller, does it not matter?

I know several years ago I had some and quite liked the taste of it, I can't remember where or just how long ago it was though.

I know people don't bother to report killing a cat but are supposed to report killing a dog.

I haven't been baking but here's a treat for everyone

graham crackers and spray cream
spray on a Cracker cover it with another cracker
and put in the freezer.
Sort of homemade ice cream sandwich 😊

Angie, just those animals mentioned, and nothing on the endangered species list. Also not on interstates, and only certain counties, etc. You have to get a permit after it happens as well. So no varmints or critters :)

(a) (1) Consistent with Section 91.8 of the Streets and Highways Code, the commission may establish a pilot program for the issuance of wildlife salvage permits through a user-friendly and cell-phone-friendly web-based portal to persons desiring to recover, possess, use, or transport, for purposes of salvaging wild game meat for human consumption of, any deer, elk, pronghorn antelope, or wild pig that has been accidentally killed as a result of a vehicle collision on a roadway within California. This permitting process shall be available at no cost to the public.

A Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back