What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Han had cakes with her hobby themes? What about now that she is growing up, she's had driving lessons, and I expect school is more demanding now, any ideas there like what she wants to be when she leaves school etc.

Every year we like to do something different, she's not girlie by any means, so we have to get more creative each year or go with whatever passing thought she has regarding her cake. As she's getting older, it has become a little more complicated, but we always come up with something. I've asked her a few times now what she likes, and she has come up with nothing. I even asked her if she didn't want a cake which didn't go down too well. :eyeroll:

However, after a bit of back and forth and me telling Han my idea and her initially rejecting it, we finally brainstormed and came up with another off the wall theme and one that is quite apt. At this time I'm not obliged to reveal what it is, so you'll have to wait and see. 😂

Loving the cake pics Bill! :D

I'm going to be in tenterhooks now wondering what it's going to be. :dizzy:

I agree those cakes look great Bill and so much in touch with this day and age. :D

Lol, don't get too excited Joan, it's quite a good idea we have I think so we shall see how it turns out. Han's agreed to it, and she's making some stuff for it as am I, so hopefully it will be terrific when we put it all together. 🤞

Bill's always down with the kids, he always keeps his finger on the pulse. 😂

roflmao3.gif

I wouldn't change either of you! :)

Today is the final day of school hols before she's back, whoop whoop! We got up at the crack of dawn this morning to prepare for tomorrow, and we already have a jam-packed week of stuff already. My in-tray also needs seriously looking at! Welcome to September! 😂

Ooh, and to top it off I've seen posts on the internet about Christmas already! :scream: Speaking of which I bet you're all sorted again aren't you Joan on that front! :D

😂 You mean Kelly's all sorted, as far as this year and next the grandkids birthdays and Christmas are paid for as far as I'm concerned. 🤣

Yes the children round here are back tomorrow, the big worry is how Cameron will get on as he will be starting at the comprehensive school and Kelly knows what that place is like as far as bullying used to be and Cameron has to have extra help and was bullied at junior school which is why she moved them. :(

A ha ha, I will show her when she comes home from school. 😂 Love it!

😂 You mean Kelly's all sorted, as far as this year and next the grandkids birthdays and Christmas are paid for as far as I'm concerned. 🤣

Yes the children round here are back tomorrow, the big worry is how Cameron will get on as he will be starting at the comprehensive school and Kelly knows what that place is like as far as bullying used to be and Cameron has to have extra help and was bullied at junior school which is why she moved them. :(

Yeah, you're always ahead of the game. :D

I do hope Cameron has a good day; High School can be such a daunting move. Hopefully, the friends he does have will look out for him, and he may even make lots more new friends. Han's got such a different bunch of friends now and seems to accumulate more each year. Fingers crossed he has a great first day. 🤞

So do I, good job the place is not far to walk to as I can see Kelly there on a regular basis if he starts to have any trouble. :scream:

That's great that you're nearby, have you managed to find out if he had a good day yet?

Han's day consisted of the bus being late, not managing to get anything for her dinner (she didn't like anything on the menu) but she did manage to get a lot of new teachers that she's happy about. We're now just trying to get back into the swing of things, and I'm working out how to get back into some sort of daily routine.

Not me nearby, Kelly is, one of the school's entrances is a bit further up the road from her on the opposite side. Johns school run started this morning for the other 2 that are still at the junior school in Manorbier.

Kelly's lot have packed lunches, she can't afford school meals for them all, this way she knows they have healthy items at lunchtime then they have a hot meal when they get home at night.

Not heard from her yet about his first day, she will phone me later with the news.

Oh sorry, I thought you meant you were. :oops:

I'm not surprised Kelly has put them on packed lunches, school dinners are quite expensive now. I told Han that if she couldn't find anything then to take some wraps with her so at least she has something. She managed to source food yesterday, so I'll see how she gets on today. :p

I hope John had a good school run, I do miss it and I don't, I miss not taking Han, but I don't miss the dodgy parking, people blocking the road while dropping their kids off at the gates and getting wet through on the playground.

I hope your phone call later is full of good news and a happy day.

Did you learn this from the Blind Guy?

A Guy 😁

Did you learn this from the Blind Guy?

A Guy 😁
roflmao3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back