What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
E2ksfPq.gif
AanDjUb.jpg

A Guy

Wouldn't you know it, the sun has come back today although it's not that warm. I did see that there had been a Tornado around Manchester way. :scream:

I missed the tornado but saw the footage on the news; it has been lashing it down here although that has now changed and it's glorious, so much so that I burned my shoulders again yesterday! :oops:

I'm glad Kelly has finally got a new machine, you don't realise how much you use them until they don't work.

Was Cameron pleased with his slate?

Hot and sunny day here today, yippee. :D

Glad to hear you weren't affected by the Tornado Angie.

Yes Kelly was pleased to have a machine again, especially when there's 5 of them to wash for.

Yes he was very pleased, he's very much into arty subjects rather than sport, Connor is the sporty one.

Morning people! :D I hope you guys are doing ok?

I'm currently awaiting my shopping order, but my van driver has just rung to say he's been in an accident, so I'm not quite sure when he's going to turn up. Bless him; I hope he's alright; he did throw me though because when he rang it came through on the iPad and I've not taken a call like that before. I'm still getting to grips with all this technology malarkey! 🤔

OH! dear hope the accident wasn't too bad. Did you manage to get your shopping?

What do you mean getting to grips with technology, you should be well up to date having John as a hubby. 😂

It wasn't bad and yes I did get my shopping in the end, when he got here the driver explained that he had passed a car in a ditch, he couldn't pull over anywhere so had to turn back around and then go and check to see if anyone was in the vehicle. After finding a space and then trying to get into the ditch, he found he couldn't get to the sides of the car because they were wedged by a hedge. He then contacted the police and waited only to find out that nobody was in the car. He said it should have been taped off or at least a notice stating that it had been dealt with. He apologised for the delay, but I told him he was right to check to make sure that everything was ok. It was kind of him to stop.

As for my passing comment on technology, I don't know as I've slept since then! 🤣

Up bright and breezy this morning as I'm having my toilet swapped out in the ensuite because it's been leaking.

I know, apparently it was something to do with the actual bowl and it not sitting in line, so it was causing water to leak. The guy we use is very good at what he does and even after three attempts at trying to fix the thing, he started scratching his head. In the end, we ordered a new one because otherwise you have to send the other one back to manufacturers and so forth and I'm not waiting weeks to use the bloomin thing! Therefore we bought the same one (because it's integrated into the wall) but from a new supplier. We have changed the toilet over, and it seems to be doing what it should be so fingers crossed we shall say no more about it. :D We're now making a mess in the garden! 😂

Have your foxglove flowers disappeared now, Joan? I'm only asking because we have very large stems and no petals anymore.

Have your foxglove flowers disappeared now, Joan? I'm only asking because we have very large stems and no petals anymore.
Yes they have, we just have the stems with brown bits where the flowers used to be. It could be a couple of years before we see anymore now as they only flower every other year. :(

Really? I didn't know that! I think we have a Lilly sprouting up now and we have other stuff that looks like a giant rhubarb stem but has little flowers a bit like foxglove; I'm not quite sure what they are. With all the seasons we seem to be having at the moment the garden is just on overload so when it quietens down a bit I'll start hacking away at it again.

We've had the new fence put in which looks great, and my Dad is doing the front at the minute so when that's finished, it should really lift the front of the house. Since we removed the bushes, people have been using the turn around section of the driveway a lot more now. I think it's because it's more visible.

Mixed in with the foxgloves next door are quite a few evening primroses, they have a very tall stalk with yellow flowers, they are a decent sized flower.

Is that turning point on your driveway or part of the public road?

I'll have to have a look at them; we need monstrous flowers in the garden; otherwise, they just get absorbed by the Ivy and ferns.

Yeah, the turning point is on the drive, we have a straight bit and then a section where you can park a car it's kind of in a Y shape so you can drive up the drive and then reverse into the part where you could park a car. Since we removed the bushes, delivery drivers and anyone who enters drive up and then turn around in that section because it's so open. It looks so much better too as some of the bushes growing there were different heights and they looked silly. My Dad seems to be motoring with the flags now, so it's all coming together nicely.

Lol, I hope you've managed to have a cup of tea in between the cleaning and the bread baking Tracey. 🤣 It sounds like you've had a busy day.

I pay mine to clean stuff but she's slacking at the minute, she did set a reminder on her phone, but I think she keeps snoozing it. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back