What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
😂 I tried another feature it has this morning and surprised him, you can use it as an intercom system between the handsets and main unit. I've named the handsets and I used the one in the lounge and clicked the intercom button to call John's handset, he was impressed and found it quite funny as well. :D

WOyWCSO.png

A Guy

Lol, me and John have that option so when he's shouting me from his office upstairs I either get him to ring me through the phone or drop in via Alexa. I use the announcement function every night to tell them that their tea is ready. :D

That's quite posh that it announces who's on the line before you pick it up, I quite like that function. They sound fabulous, is the corded one okay, you know so you can stay in touch with all your guys at the electricity place? You do make me giggle; you're the tech whizz who's got the who's who on speed dial. You're the granny in the know!

So I've been up to my neck in accounts this week and dare I say it I'm nearly there, so after two year ends, a batch of invoices, the VAT, P11D's and the bank rec's I think we're more or less finished for now. I do have other deadlines, but they're not due for another week. 🤪

I now have to work on my man skills and mow the back lawn again, I did the front lawn the other day, and the lawnmower took me for a ride, I also chewed up half the stones with it. It wasn't my finest hour! 🤬

On the other hand, we have a lot of foxglove that has sprung up which look really pretty.

Last edited:
Love the Foxgloves, we have loads of them around here, mostly next door but some my side.

Glad to hear you've got yourself more or less up to date with your accounts, glad I've only got our household ones to keep track off, I leave anything more complicated to John, well he's the accountant. 😄

The phones are great, there is one thing I'd change. When the phone first rings and the number shows and the voice reads it out there shows a place that you can click to block the number which it then stores and will not let through again. The problem is that if you answer or let it ring for a bit that disappears, so you can't block the number from the handsets. The main corded phone has an actual Block button but I answer the handsets more than the main machine.

I just have to ring the number to add it to my black list trouble is these scammers change the number everytime. 😡

Kelly's hubby is up at Harrogate today. well, they travelled up yesterday and about 8 o'clock this morning set off on their bikes to cycle back to Tenby in aid of The British Heart Foundation.

The aim is to do it in 36 hours or less and there is to be a party on the beach when they get back tomorrow afternoon. There are about 18 of them, none of them are professionals but all have had either a friend or family member that has had heart problems.

Kelly phoned this morning to say he's letting her know where he is on WhatsApp so she can keep the kids informed of his whereabouts, the boys are OK but Caia was a bit upset when he went yesterday as she doesn't understand why he's not at home.

Kelly was making a cake to take down and Connor was making a sign to welcome him home. :)

They're on the home leg, in the next county at present, they are going to be a little later than first thought, I believe they had a few hold ups in the night making them about an hour later. At least the weather was kind to them, not too hot and it was dry which was a blessing. :)

I didn't realise foxglove were poisonous! They're really pretty though and I'm surprised how well they stand up considering that they are top heavy with all the flowers. I like the height of them because they stand up on the banking and we can see them from the kitchen. I also spotted some other plants the other day and found out they are called Red Hot Poker, they're really bright and tall so I think we're going to get some of them too.

I know what you mean about the scam callers, we had over 5 calls within two hours on Saturday which is absolutely ridiculous, each time was from a different number although the message of the internet being cut off was still the same. That's great you have a block function, I think we have something like that on the mobiles where you can opt to block the numbers but because they are all different numbers you have to continually block them!

So how long did the bike ride eventually take then? What a really nice thing to do, I do hope they managed to raise lots for such a worthwhile cause. I'm also pleased to hear the weather was kind considering all the rain we've been getting lately.

I'm sure the cake Kelly made will go down a treat after all that riding!

Han's off to Blackpool Pleasure Beach with school this week so I'm keeping an eye on the weather, they had a really sunny day last year so hopefully the same will be said about this year.

It was about 7ish when they finally got back, there were just 6 who had done the whole ride but they all joined up for the ride back into Tenby.

From a Facebook post I saw yesterday they'd raised just over £6,000 with more to come in.

Peter was completely washed out and couldn't move yesterday, his knees had given out, he was in quite a bit of pain but he was determined to finish the whole challenge.

Hope Han has a good time in Blackpool, I've never been there just seen it via the telly.

Wow, that's fantastic, £6k+ Well done!

I bet Peter and the gang are feeling it, that's a lot of mileage, I' be lucky if I made to the top of our hill! :D

Han went to Blackpool last year too; it was the first time she had been on The Big One. She only went on it because John said she'd be too scared to do it. We used to take her every year to see the illuminations when she was younger, but we haven't been for a while. I haven't been to the pleasure beach since my teen years. The weather looks to be picking up towards the end of the week so if it stays dry for her I'll be happy.

😂 You and me both Angie, I've only got to walk out of the living room into the kitchen and I'm fighting to try and breath. When I think about how fit I used to be walking everywhere and I used to cycle as well. :scream:

How long is Han going to Blackpool for? Hope the weather does stay fine for her, it wouldn't be nice at the seaside when the weather is lousy.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach ...this is a school outing?? Suspect it isn't what it sounds like :)

A Guy

😂 You and me both Angie, I've only got to walk out of the living room into the kitchen and I'm fighting to try and breathe. When I think about how fit I used to be walking everywhere and I used to cycle as well. :scream:

How long is Han going to Blackpool for? Hope the weather does stay fine for her, it wouldn't be nice at the seaside when the weather is lousy.

I gave up riding a bike after battering the top half of my leg when Han had to bike to school for a week a few years ago. I'd only ever ride on the pavement as well as I don't fancy getting run over!

Han's only going for the day, it's an end of term treat for the kids Bill so they get to go on all the theme park rides. She had a fabulous day last year so I'm hoping it stays dry for her. It's still raining at the minute but John says it is starting to dry off tomorrow. She's off to London next week too for a short stay and theatre trip so she's barely going to be in school for the next few weeks then she finishes!

Sunshine here today but I know it's bad in the east of the country with rain and North Wales has a warning in place for bad weather. We have our own climate down here so I never take much notice of the weather forecasts as it can be the complete opposite to what they say. :) We've had some rain tonight but not too bad so far, we shall see what happens tomorrow.

We started off grey albeit dry, and now it's started to brighten up a little. It's still very close though, we were supposed to have thunderstorms yesterday, but they never materialised. We could do with a shift in the closeness of heat because it's just awful.

Ooh having your own climate how posh are you! 😂

A bit overcast to start with here but the sun keeps appearing, it's dry that's the main thing.

We have microclimates here. With the Ocean, and the Bay, drive 10 minutes south and it can be 10 degrees warmer, etc.

A Guy

We have microclimates here. With the Ocean, and the Bay, drive 10 minutes south, and it can be 10 degrees warmer, etc.

A Guy

Show off! 🤣

We're just grateful for it to stay dry, today the sun has finally got his hat on, and the air con is cranked up!

John's also put the car out to bake because we have lots of creepy crawlies in it at the moment. We removed some conifers from the front the other day and took them to the tip, which is when a few flies and a massive spider took up residence in the car. The spider made its way down near the windscreen. I've tried to blow it out with the aircon, but it's not coming out, and every time we get in the car now there is a web all over the dashboard. I think it's trying to catch some of the little flies that are in there!

Han had a fabulous time at Blackpool yesterday; she's also got proof this time that she went on the Big One because John didn't believe she had done it last year. She said there was a little drizzle at one point, but mainly she had a great day.

Ah! trying to make the poor spider homeless, it's doing you a favour and getting rid of all the flies for you. 😄

Glad to hear Han had a good time at Blackpool and the weather stayed fine for her, another lovely sunny day here again, I'm so pleased as it means all my solar lights are being kept well charged. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back