What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you had a good time with the whole family Bill. We had a quiet time here just the 2 of us but we enjoyed it that way. :D

I must ask Bill, do you have a traditional Christmas Dinner like we do or is that just kept for Thanksgiving? If you do have dinner do you contribute to it or do your family make it and you just get to enjoy it?

My tooth is still hurting unfortunately so I've been keeping shtum pretty much at the minute which is pleasing his lordship tremendously.

roflmao3.gif

Generally Christmas dinner was always Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, just like Thanksgiving in my family. Since I'm single and in an apartment, I go wherever the action is. I just bring a dessert, or snacks for before, etc. Generally whoever has it has their menu, so I hesitate to add something that may clash. And since it's not at my Moms place, it can be prime rib, pork roast (like last Monday), etc. Pasta, taters, cream corn, veggies. My youngest niece had it this year as they got a home 6 months ago or so. The food is always good, even ham I can eat, it's just not a top choice :)

We don't get together as often as we used to, so every so often I get them all to go out and I treat. Hasn't happened lately, they have kids and grands :)

A Guy

It's a nice tradition to have, at least it means you can keep in touch with the family and get a good meal as well without much effort. :)

Yeah especially if you don't have to make anything and you can roll up with the dessert. :wink:

That's really nice that you all get together and it means that you get some family time with them which means you're not working! :cool:

So I'm currently trying to get used to it being 2019, I'm still slightly giggling at the poor person who after £3.2million worth or fireworks put Happy New Year 2018 on the Sydney Harbour Bridge but hey ho that's one way to start the year and it'll definitely be a talking point until New Year! Bless! :lmao:

I've baked some cupcakes today, done some accounts and now it's time for tea after my mini catch up with you guys. :)

Yes, I've been doing accounts today, closing 2018 and starting the new year in Excel, starting a new months record of my blood pressure and already got a red mark on the first day, only by 1 point but annoying. :oops:

I've just read that tip about the flavour testing, it was a good tip I've not heard of that but I'm sure people will find it really useful to know. :wink:

The most photographed place in Tenby is Bings page of the day today, I was pleasantly surprised when I loaded up Edge this morning. It was a very popular cross stitch kit that Home Handicraft sold when they were in business and I did the model stitching, I've stitched that kit at least 6 times for the shop and their customers. :)

Yes, that's the one, it's a very famous and popular scene and the one that is usually shown when any feature regarding Tenby is shown or talked about.
I don't know if I have any photos of the cross stitch I did of it as I never did it for myself it was always for the shop or their customers, the same as the Caldy Island cross stitch, that is hanging in the Abbey on the island, it was done for the monks.

Ah! just thought there are photos of them on my cross stitch site in my signature if you want to see them. :D

You need to make your signature bigger, I have to apologise and confess I've never looked before but I'm astonished to find loads of wonderful designs on there including these beauties.

Joan these are fabulous!

tenby.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

Just remembered this one, it's a tapestry of the harbour I did for the shop and when they closed it down the owner gave it to me, it used to hang in the shop, not the best photo as I've just taken it in my office under an energy saving bulb.
Tenby Tapestry.jpg

Glad you like them, the Geisha is still waiting to be framed, I think I have one that it will fit in but just haven't got round to it. The bottom one, The Eight Immortals, is hanging above the fireplace next to me, it's the largest one I'd done, the rest are hanging on the walls around my home. :wink:

Glad you like them, the Geisha is still waiting to be framed, I think I have one that it will fit in but just haven't got round to it. The bottom one, The Eight Immortals, is hanging above the fireplace next to me, it's the largest one I'd done, the rest are hanging on the walls around my home. :wink:

Joan, they are fabulous, the Geisha and the 8 immortals are my favourites. I cannot believe you've been sitting on these beauties all this time and haven't promoted yourself before now!

I've got that many supplies here plus books and frames, I have some that are partially finished and it's so annoying because I've had to stop doing it. Trying to hold the needle sends my hands into cramp.
I hadn't been to the site for quite a while and so when I went there I noticed there are a couple missing, the names are there but the photo's are missing and I'm trying to find where I have them saved so I can put them back again. :oops:

That's a shame that you have pieces left unfinished, is there anybody that could finish them off for you? Yes, you will have to put them on my dear your works of art need to be displayed. I'm the same when saving pictures; it depends on the day and what mood I'm in so when I go back and look for things they're never where they are supposed to be.

I am getting better at it though. :D

I'm back to work today properly now that Han has gone back to school. I have managed to get a few things done so. Hopefully, I'll get back into the swing of things as the week goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back