What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Joan I have to agree with Bill.

I just got my new glasses (with discount , AARP , and insurance) $600 .(Trifocals)
Wow, that's expensive Thomas, I'm glad I don't have to pay for mine, I'm due for my eye test in October they come to my house. I wear bifocals, hubby gets a voucher but because of the prescription for his and having to pick metal frames he does have to pay towards them but they are never as expensive as your pair.

I still don't wear any, except cheaters for small print :D

d4rg7MG.jpeg

A Guy

When things get into 'some kind of' normality I will definitely be getting my eyes re-tested. I wear glasses for the pc but I also need them first thing in the morning when I'm trying to look at my phone. 😂

@Joan will you still be having the test in October?

@A Guy, you are very lucky not to need them!

I do use them for my phone at times. For my PC I just get a bigger monitor :tongueout: I'm up to 32" so far

A Guy

Haha! Can you not just make the text bigger on your phone by spreading the text bubbles outward?

Where's Joan? 👀I think she's hiding! 😁

Haha! Can you not just make the text bigger on your phone by spreading the text bubbles outward?

Where's Joan? 👀I think she's hiding! 😁
Just arrived, been busy setting up a new laptop for John, his clients told him yesterday to get another as the original one crashed out, they told him it would keep me happy. :eyeroll:

I'm now trying to catch up on my own, plus its rubbish day tomorrow so had to sort that out and can't go very fast at the moment as I'm in a lot of pain with my hip and I've had to start using my walking stick inside the house.

We think we've found out the problem with John's blood sugar levels, because he was alternating sides to inject his insulin the nurse thinks it wasn't having the required effect so told him to start injecting in a clock direction. It seems to be working but he has to get the levels of insulin correct now as his readings are going low a bit too quickly.

Have to dash for now got a bit more catching up to do before shut down. 😘

Just arrived, been busy setting up a new laptop for John, his clients told him yesterday to get another as the original one crashed out, they told him it would keep me happy. :eyeroll:

I'm now trying to catch up on my own, plus its rubbish day tomorrow so had to sort that out and can't go very fast at the moment as I'm in a lot of pain with my hip and I've had to start using my walking stick inside the house.

We think we've found out the problem with John's blood sugar levels, because he was alternating sides to inject his insulin the nurse thinks it wasn't having the required effect so told him to start injecting in a clock direction. It seems to be working but he has to get the levels of insulin correct now as his readings are going low a bit too quickly.

Sorry to hear about your hip , I know what it is like to have to get around with a cane.
Some folks don't understand that for me just making it down to the mailbox without
the cane is an accomplishment .
There is a thing called Zim's Maxfreeze that helps a little bit .It is basically Menthol.
It seems John is moving in the right direction if it is working even a little bit. Here's hope
for finding the right combination.

Didn't think so this morning, it was ok when he got up but lunchtime he was going into a Hypo. He said he felt funny and thought he'd better take his sugars even though he was very shaky, and it was down to 2.1 so he took a couple of Dextrose tablets and took his sugars again about 10 minutes later and it had gone up to 3.
We had dinner then and he says he's feeling better but he just nodded off in the chair, at least he answered straight away so hadn't gone into a coma. He said it's really drained him.

I'm on full alert at the moment watching him like a hawk.

Oh, and he got a letter in the post with an appointment at the hospital about his pacemaker, I don't like the idea of him driving there and back at the moment.

Last edited:
I don't know if its available there but here there is service that would drive shut ins and
older folk to their appointments and back. You might want to check to see if there is one
there. Your council should know.

Sending my best thoughts all works out Joan. I'm sure he's going to be better soon

Today was quite possibly the oddest day I can remember... and that's with it already being 2020...

Dark red sky all day. Couldn't see the sun. Like a full eclipse, but red...very eerie...No smell of smoke as the barrier is up at 2,000ft

‘Apocalypse on their mind’: Bay Area transfixed by foreboding, orange, smoke-choked skies - SFChronicle.com

It reminded me of the movie Night of the Comet

Night_Of_The_Comet19.jpg

People are describing it as Apocalyptic...

A Guy

We think we've found out the problem with John's blood sugar levels, because he was alternating sides to inject his insulin the nurse thinks it wasn't having the required effect so told him to start injecting in a clock direction. It seems to be working, but he has to get the levels of insulin correct now as his readings are going low a bit too quickly.

@Joan, I'm so glad that John has got a new laptop now hopefully that should get him up and running again!

As for 'rubbish day,' I thought you said it's a rubbish day tomorrow meaning you were pre-empting that it was going to be rubbish even before you got there! 🤣 I need to read slower, either that or get new glasses! 🤓

Speaking of rubbish days, I did lots of 'cutting in' painting in the kitchen/utility room yesterday only to find out after I'd done it all it's a different colour paint to the can John was using so I have to do it ALL again!

I hope your hip starts to feel better too, is it due to the change in weather? When does John have to go for his appointment?
Like @thomaseg1 says, is there anybody that can take him for you? I do hope so. I also hope that you manage to get five minutes to yourself even if it's just for tea and biscuits. 😍

Other than trekking nothing exciting is happening with us, ooh except I ventured into Tesco for the first time this morning and we're currently waiting for the sinks to be delivered. Ooh, we're so rock n roll! 😂

Quite busy post wise today, John had a couple of letters today one for Specsavers to tell him he could now make an appointment for his eye test and the other from the doctors to make an appointment to have his bloods taken after they got the diabetic nurses report.

Just need the nurses to be back in action to sort me out.

We do have a service over here to take patients to and from hospital I've used it myself but the only problem with that is you can't just be picked up and taken to your appointment then brought back after, they may have several people to pick up, they use St. Johns ambulances when they have several in one day. You have to be ready quite early in the morning and you're strapped into the ambulance while they pick up others.

The chances are you'll be late for your appointment and you just have to hope the doctor will wait for you, then after you're left sitting about in the hospital until the ambulance comes back to pick you up again.

The last time I went to hospital in one I had to leave about 8.30 am and didn't get back home until after 6 pm, the reception desks were all closing and I was just sitting there on my own.

I know with that one they'd picked me up then another person and then went to pick another lady in a wheelchair up. We got back on the road and after a short time the ambulance got a call to say the last patient's appointment had been cancelled, so we had to turn round take her back home then back on our journey to the hospital.

Today weighed exactly 30 lbs less than when I changed my diet in end of January

Lost 30 lbs.jpg

OK, so not skinny, but not living as large as I was :)

A Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back