What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Angie Like fine wine :) Had blood work done today to see if my A1C has improved. Will do a video call with doctor once he has results, fingers crossed. Was in and out in less than 5 minutes, so little exposure to humans :D

The Under Armor mask I ordered (should be here finally Friday), had a size chart. I think the less expensive "universal" ones are just one size might fit all

I ordered it even though it was on back order because I think we'll all be wearing masks well into next year

A Guy

You should talk to him about shrinking his ego, (swelled head) 🤣 . Most are one-size-fits-all type.
There are a few under-chin types that will work but they get hot. View attachment 5228View attachment 5229

Haven't doing much the , humidity , thunderstorms have set my arthritis going.
Been so grumpy and sore even my cat is avoiding me.:)

Lol! I don't have to wear them because I haven't been in a shop since lockdown, the under chin ones look like you have a pair of underwear on your face! And the other guy looks like a serial killer so not the best of adverts. Apologies if you know the guy as he may be very nice. 🤣

Aww sorry to hear that your arthritis is playing up again and making you a little grumpy. I'm assuming your hair looks good though; I resemble Sideshow Bob when the humidity takes hold.

@Angie Like fine wine :) Had blood work done today to see if my A1C has improved. Will do a video call with doctor once he has results, fingers crossed. Was in and out in less than 5 minutes, so little exposure to humans :D

The Under Armor mask I ordered (should be here finally Friday), had a size chart. I think the less expensive "universal" ones are just one size might fit all

I ordered it even though it was on back order because I think we'll all be wearing masks well into next year.

A Guy

I hope the results come back positive for you and even better that you were in and out without any interaction, have you still been staying away from all the chocolatey treats?

That Under Armor mask looks mean and I 'mean' that lol in a good way, 😝 I think John would like one of those as it would fit his face and look less like a snood. I'm actually waiting on the delivery of his as we speak, looking at yours though I reckon he might get one of those. I agree though that face masks are going to be around for quite a while.

I've been up early doors this morning, so I feel like I've done a days work and it's only just hitting dinner time!

Well so far I've not had to wear one, our Podiatrist is back in action so we got our toenails cut on Tuesday and he told John to get the nurses to check his big toe out when he went in today, it had been bleeding.

When he went in and told them he'd been told to ask them to look at his toe their answer was "we don't do toes" 🙄 he told them he didn't need them to do anything as they'd been done but as there had been bleeding and he's diabetic the Podiatrist wanted them to check things out. They called the doctor in he took a swab and gave him another course of antibiotics, he still had a bit of stuff come out of his arm so he goes back on Monday.

I told him when he got home I thought the best thing would be to put him down as he's going rotten. 🤣 He said he can't do that as he's having too much fun. 😂

Yes, still on my new reality "diet". I haven't spoken to the doctor yet, but seen the results online. Still above the desired level of 5.6 on A1C. I'm at 6.2 and was 6.7 six months ago. I imagine he'll say keep on like you have, and we'll see if it's lower in 3 more months. I was hoping it would be in the normal range, but perhaps just wishful thinking and not realistic

A Guy

Last diet I was on was a rabbit food diet. The Doc wanted up my blood's Iron count.
No fun at all. Of course Donna scarfed down donuts while I munched on celery
sticks which didn't help.

Hubby will say he's on a C-Food diet. 😂 It's one thing I've never had to do, was always a steady weight through my adult life and the only time I put weight on was when I was pregnant. I could eat what I liked as well, you know all those cakes and chocolates, it didn't make any difference. 🙄

Hubby will say he's on a C-Food diet. 😂 It's one thing I've never had to do, was always a steady weight through my adult life and the only time I put weight on was when I was pregnant. I could eat what I liked as well, you know all those cakes and chocolates, it didn't make any difference. 🙄
Sounds like my daughters , eat like pigs and never gain an ounce :)

I know it was great, I was nearly 5' 9" as well, now I've still got the long legs but I'm barely 5' 4" :D

Happy birthday Joan. :shortcake::wineglass:

1596382840686.png

Thank you Thomas but it was yesterday, the only online greetings I got were from Facebook, nobody here or at Tenforums remembered.

Thank you Thomas but it was yesterday, the only online greetings I got were from Facebook, nobody here or at Tenforums remembered.
Well I didn't know and it wasn't in the calendar (till now). So you are just going to have to accept it. :lmao:

So sorry Joan, the forums seemed to have forgotten your Birthday. I scroll down every day to see who's birthday it is. Belated Happy Birthday 🥳

A Guy

Thank you Bill, someone over at Tenforum mentioned it wasn't shown which is strange because when first joining any of the forums I always include my date of birth and this is the first year it has been forgotten. :disappointed:

What with lockdown and not seeing anyone then forgotten birthday I'm feeling rather sorry for myself. :(

Thank you Bill, someone over at Tenforum mentioned it wasn't shown which is strange because when first joining any of the forums I always include my date of birth and this is the first year it has been forgotten. :disappointed:

What with lockdown and not seeing anyone then forgotten birthday I'm feeling rather sorry for myself. :(

John added you back.

1596499677451.png

Though I think Aug 1st as a National Holiday may have to wait a bit :)

Never let your daughter hep you with your PT (physical Therapy) :)
My wife and therapist are are immune to my whines the daughter isn't.
I was doing leg lifts with a 1 lb wrap weight groaning all the time and she
said she couldn't take it (I'm the one in pain) Her Mother just said i"well
then go into the other room and turn the tv up so you can't hear" 🤣

I did make some teriyaki burgers with some baked potatoes and cheese
on the grill before it started storming . I tried grilling some salmon
but over did it . A little burn but eatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back