What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, bless I feel like I'm falling apart now so I've got no chance when I get older! 🙈

Hope you guys had a lovely weekend?

Back on the home-schooling front again this week, hopefully, this is our final school week!

I expect it's because it's the end of the school year around about this time.

Kelly made me laugh yesterday, she'd had the work that Caia her youngest had to do, she's 5, the teacher wanted work about dragons and the dragons she'd picked for them were the Bearded Dragons.

They didn't have to look anything up, she'd given some facts about them and included a photo of Caia holding one. Underneath it said, this is me holding my Mummy's dragon and this work was very easy for me. 🤣

Final week because school is over, or?

A Guy

Friday and counting!

Or Not having any hair left to pull out 🤣

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! 🤣

It's the final push now of getting everything finished off, and then we're home free thankfully. It's been a long few months; the thing is this week they are doing a few online lessons, so she gets to hear a proper teacher before she finishes. 🤓

@Joan, aww bless her, Caia is funny I'm sure Kelly is looking forward to handing over the home-schooling too.

1594895823182.png

@A Guy, I have no words that I could possibly type out for you at this minute, Bill. 🤣

@thomaseg1 I love the fire drill, why didn't I think of that?

Honestly, I'm counting down the minutes as we speak...tick-tock.

No, no, no and err no! These are the politest words I can come up with. 🙊

I will be so glad when she is back interacting with teachers, friends and anybody else other than me. I love her to death, but home-schooling is not for the faint-hearted.

Hats off to all the other Mums and Dads that have multiple age ranges of children, I don't know how you've done it. I've just about made it with one child.

Thank crunchie for that! Lol! I don't know what I'm saying that for we're not off the clock yet. 🤓

Last edited:
Well If you are going to be stuck inside till September ....better think up something.
Like getting a kindle and plenty of books.

Noooooo, don't say that, please let me revel in my moment of freedom!

I'm sure she has lots of YouTube, TV, Zoom Calls and socially distancing get-togethers with friends she can sign herself up for. That and any crafts she can think of that won't include sitting at the kitchen table for hours on end. She loves me, but she's sick of the sight of me. 🤪

Freedom is Fleeting , I luckily taught all three to read early. Every Monday morning
we were off to the Library. It made for a quiet week except for Alice and Mary's
fighting over how many toes they had or something silly like that.

I know, but even a minute of freedom from school at the minute would be bliss. Han's always been very academic and flies through her studies. I help her out now and again, but she just gets on with it. She could read and point out letters when she was younger too.

I think she's seriously had enough now and I can't blame her. She's done so well during lockdown and only needs my help now and again, but it's just been about keeping the pace.

This week they've finally had some online lessons which she has enjoyed, she's doing one now as we speak, I think she misses the banter of the classroom.

I think that's the problem more than anything not being able to interact with their friends, especially the younger ones, you can't expect them to do the social distances they just don't really understand.

I can imagine Kelly will be glad of a break.

Ordered the funeral flowers yesterday for Johns Mum, we just have to wait for the link and password for the video of the service to be sent to us.

Granddaughter Shelly hasn't had that much trouble, I believe they are using Zoom.
When C19 began parents (Virginia) and teachers got together and formed a school group
on the computers, so they could interact somewhat. Apparently one of the parents
is Mr. Wizard type and does some fun experiments. One of the good things to come out
of C19 is that many parents are more involved with their kids and their school.
I heard that the group is trying to extend it into Summer activity .

If you didn't cook would folks in your house:

1. figure it out how to feed themselves
2. figure it out how to feed themselves, but leave a mess for you to clean up
3. come looking for you , for instructions
4. call or go out for fast food
5. starve
6. all of the above

Last edited:
Only the 2 of us here but hubby could feed himself with no problems, he lived on his own for a few years after his first marriage split up. He can be a bit messy and his washing up could be better but I'm not one of those house proud women who is ultra picky and fussy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back