What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Han loved it hot when she had her second piece and then smothered it with more chocolate icing. It tasted a little like hot chocolate fudge cake which is one of my favourites. Overall the cake was moist, a little gooey but perfect for a filler cake until you can make the real thing.

Kelly's OK for a little while now that her dad got her some Self Raising Flour from Lidls. At the moment it's getting her herbs for the garden. She had some but she wanted Chives and the garden centre didn't have any and looking at Tescos last week they had it plus a couple of others she wanted, trouble was the one she wanted the most, Chives, weren't available when my shopping came, typical. 🙄

Her dad was going to check the garden centre on his way to the surgery this afternoon but didn't have time to call in so he'll try tomorrow. She did mention she wants another one if he can get it, Oregano.

Kelly's OK for a little while now that her dad got her some Self Raising Flour from Lidls. At the moment it's getting her herbs for the garden. She had some but she wanted Chives and the garden centre didn't have any and looking at Tescos last week they had it plus a couple of others she wanted, trouble was the one she wanted the most, Chives, weren't available when my shopping came, typical. 🙄

Her dad was going to check the garden centre on his way to the surgery this afternoon but didn't have time to call in so he'll try tomorrow. She did mention she wants another one if he can get it, Oregano.

Though I don't usually do this (preferring plants to seeds) have you check Amazon.com?

No, John went to the other garden centre around here this afternoon and they didn't have any. I'll just keep an eye on Tesco to see if they have any more come in, checked on the Asda site and they didn't have any either.
There's a chance she may not be able to get any till next year.

Well managed to get Kelly a pot of Chives today with my Tesco shop so now it's just Oregano she wants so I'll keep an eye out for that coming back in.

Managed to get an Asda slot for the 13th so I can get her some Lotus Biscof Spread, Tesco doesn't have that but Asda does.

1593839625207.png

Where your's says Cookie Butter Thomas ours just shows Spread. I think it was a cake they were making they needed it the last time I got them a jar.

Where your's says Cookie Butter Thomas ours just shows Spread. I think it was a cake they were making they needed it the last time I got them a jar.

I didn't know they did it in a spread, Han likes the biscuits as she has them with her Grandma but I'd never see them before. I'll have to tell her there is a spread now. :D

On more then one occasion I've run out of icing (for vanilla cake) and used peanut butter ,both chunky
and smooth for icing :lmao: It actually is good.

I didn't know they did it in a spread, Han likes the biscuits as she has them with her Grandma but I'd never see them before. I'll have to tell her there is a spread now. :D
I've always got at least 3 packets of them in the cupboard and one opened in the biscuit tin Angie. They do a crunchy version of the spread as well Angie, the smooth one is a 400g jar at £2.38. Asda has it at present but Tesco doesn't have it back in stock yet.

Made Teriyaki Burgers on the grill for the 4th .That's hamburgers marinated in teriyaki sauce fried on the outdoor
Grill (always taste better that way), Mashed potatoes and corn, potato salad , home made buns and chocolate swirl cake.
Thin-as-a-reed, bottomless pit Alice ate 3 Burgers big helping of mashed potatoes and corn, and about half the
cake. I have no idea where she puts it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back