What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not against sugar Angie, I love anything sweet just not my drinks, although in my youth I used to take 2 teaspoons of sugar in my drinks but then it was too sweet for my taste so I dropped down to 1 teaspoon, then I tried sweeteners and then gradually the amount went down till it wasn't worth putting any in. 🤣

The weekend is my cream cake passion, I've just finished eating todays, a jam and cream doughnut and a choux pastry filled with cream and Belgian chocolate swirled over the top.

I've always got loads of chocolate bars in my fridge whenever I feel like a treat. 😍

Managed to get Kelly some Self Raising Flour on Thursday, John went to Lidls and he phoned me to ask which was it she needed, he was standing in front of it and he came home with 3 bags of 1.5kg at 45p a bag, he told her he'd get her the other when he went again.

Last edited:
I'd say yum about the cakes, but you know I don't do cream. 🤣 I bet you enjoyed every last bit of those, didn't you.

As for the choccy bars, they're a must in our house mainly for me, nooo you can't put them in the fridge that's just plain wrong! Chocolate should always be served at room temperature, and then it just melts in the mouth.

My water had frozen my chocolate bar the other day, and it was like eating a brick.

I bet Kelly loves you, I got John to try and order pasta again the other day, but we're still struggling with that and my Frosties. However, he did manage to get me some Steam Fresh Brocolli, Carrot and Cauliflower, so I was made up with my veggies. :p

I've just been requested to get something else for her, chives, the potted kind. They'd been to the garden centre and she'd managed to get some herbs but they didn't have any chives. She phoned this morning to ask when I got my Tesco shop and she asked me to see if they had any. I just put herbs in the search and a list came up, one of them was potted herbs, I clicked on that and they had quite a few so phoned her to see if there where anymore she wanted. My trolley now has a pot of chives, curled parsley and coriander in it for her.
Can't keep the chocolate out of the fridge it would just melt when I wanted one, I just take what I want out and then leave it for a bit then eat it when it's warmed up a bit but not melted.

I've got nowhere else to keep it, at the moment in the fridge I've got a dozen mars bars, 2 double mars bars, 4 Cadbury Dairy Milk Caramel bars, the large blocks, 5 Kit Kats the 4 fingers size, 2 Frys Peppermint Creams, 2 Frys Orange Creams, 2 Frys Rasberry Creams and a Yorkie. :eyeroll:

Had a lot of fun This week. Its Wasp and Hornet season here.
My next door neighbor and I dressed in paper coveralls (with hoods), Masks, goggles and
gloves. Armed with a supersoaker and wasp spry we eradicated about 15 nests in the neighborhood.
A Cop saw us dressed like that and started to laugh then stopped when he realized we were playing it safe.
He lives about two blocks over from us and asked if we would check around his house. 😊

yorkie

Yappy little dogs, I hate when people dress them up, same when they do it to cats as well it's not natural. :angry:

Yorkies aren't for girls anyway! 🤣 😂 🤣

yorkie1.JPG

I don't like them, but Han loves them along with John, you only get three in a pack so I'm sure one of them hides the last one from the other. 😀

Yorkies aren't for girls anyway! 🤣 😂 🤣

View attachment 5216

I don't like them, but Han loves them along with John, you only get three in a pack so I'm sure one of them hides the last one from the other. 😀
John bought them and I've not had any but the last one just sits in the fridge, he has got a bit more conscious of his blood sugars since the infections sent them sky high and he's had to go onto insulin.

Got a phone call from the surgery this morning asking if I wanted the pneumonia injection as they had them back in, I said yes but will have to wait as the nurses aren't doing house calls at present, I said I'm due a blood test to check my thyroid which is having to wait plus something that's supposed to be checked every 6 months but nothings been done for over a year. :eyeroll:

I haven't really had a chance to try that Swerve sugar substitute yet . I thought I try some in my coffee
but I gave up sugar in coffee a long time ago so I wasn't sure I would like it now, and I was right
one sip and I had to pour the coffee out. It tasted weird.

I know what you mean Thomas, there is no way I could drink coffee with any sugar in it, even a few grains. It's one of the reasons I like cocoa because it's not sweet, can't stand hot chocolate that's much too sweet. :scream:

We have York, but no ie

View attachment 5217

A Guy

These would be similar to what we call Peppermint cream bars. I'm not a lover of dark chocolate, but I do like After Eights and Peppermint Cream Bars.

I have looked at the idea of using Stevia in baking as an alternative but just haven't gotten around to it just yet. At the minute I've made a cake using alternatives to the usual eggs flour etc. 3 ingredient chocolate cake.

Swerve is a one for one replacement, so you don't have to make up for the missing dry ingredient like with Stevia. Some recipes like a mix. I've made things with swerve, and added a little Stevia if it needed a little more sweet

I'll have to look at your cake

A Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back