What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you manage to get your Asda order; we had a few things missed off our order last week. I'm just waiting for this weeks although we went to the farm shop today and the shelves were stripped bare. 🙄

Due to the worldwide pandemic pizza is now knocked on the head and Han's school trip has been cancelled.

How is it for supplies and things for you, are you getting everything you need?
I'll find out on Tuesday. I got an email from Tesco today about it saying they were doing their best to keep supplies going but they would be putting restrictions in place with how many you could buy of a product.

They also mentioned they would be opening their Easter slots on Monday for delivery savers, but they thought that they'd have more doing online shopping so to make sure I was quick.

Thought I'd go and book a couple of weeks and guess what, I can't even book my normal next weeks delivery, the whole week has no slots available. The first slot I could get was on the Sunday, talk about panic, it's ridiculous, they don't give a thought to the people who can't just go out and try a few shops to get what they want and have to rely on home delivery plus there are only 2 stores that do deliver to here. 😠

BTW if you figure out why everyone needs 100 lbs. of toliet tissue, let us know.
The mind boggles. 😂

I found the Lease place in the router and set it to 21 days which is the longest it can be. We'll see how that goes. I've taken a few snips of some of the settings in various places and I'll post them another time.

A Guy

No Pizza!!!

Definitely a World Catastrophe!

I know, nightmare! It's the only time I get time off from cooking and try telling it to a teen who loves her weekly treat! That's on top of her being informed, she isn't going on her ski trip, she may not have long left at school and to add insult to injury the hoody that she bought for the ski trip which will be emblazoned with Jay Peak 2020 will be turning up at school next week. Bless her; it's like her booby prize...Here's what you would have won! 😂

However, on the plus side, I'm happy that she wasn't allowed to travel because of the pandemic and I would rather have her safe and sound here where I can see her. Irrespective of what travel was allowed I told her a week ago she may not be going and that I would have the final say. One of the other schools has just allowed a very recent trip to Rome and then told all the staff and children to quarantine for 14 days upon their return. Words fail me on that one!

@Joan aww bless you, that's really bad. I know Ocado has just said that they are now just delivering to regular customers. I'll tell you what we get when we receive our order. You should have priority because shortly you may be on lockdown.

Please tell me you have a stash of toilet rolls. 😂 Please tell me you think that's funny. :plead:

Last edited:
Yes that was funny Angie, I have my normal supply of loo rolls, I've not bought any for a few months and went to Amazon to order another supply of my normal ones and they weren't available, but went back on Friday and they were in stock nearly £2 more expensive but they should be here tomorrow, they've arrived at Hermes.

I don't know about shortly being on lockdown, I've been on that for years. 🤣

So sorry to hear about Han being disappointed about her trip but I'm with you and would rather have her at home and know she was safe.
I'd like to know though why is it that a normal flu season doesn't get a world lockdown, there's a lot more cases and deaths in one of those than in the present situation.

I think it's the same here with the schools Angie and for Wales I did hear mentioned there was a chance they wouldn't open again until September.

I can't believe what's happening, I mean things didn't stop during a world war so how come something that's not killing as many as a normal flu season is bringing everything to a standstill. :scream:

I mean things didn't stop during a world war so how come something that's not killing as many as a normal flu season is bringing everything to a standstill. :scream:

World wars are not highly contagious :p

The main issue is the number of people that need ventilating as part of the treatment, we just haven't got the ICU beds and ventilators to cope with them all happening at once, this is why the lockdown is needed or many more will die than the seasonal flu takes just because of the lack of resources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps they're allowed out for medical appointments etc. and food shopping.

John had his appointment yesterday for his re-dressing, one of the practice nurses phoned to check that he was OK and to tell him the door would be locked at the surgery. He had to ring the bell when he got there and then go through the third degree of questions when he got inside. He told them if he was ill he wouldn't be there, after his treatment he had to leave by a different door. He was given his appointments for next week so probably will have to go through it all again.

I think if you have to go to and from a place then you will be okay, but other than that we're all supposed to stay home. I've been doing it for the past few months anyway and was looking forward to getting back out there but with the world pretty much on lockdown; there's no chance.

I get it though, there are so many people at high risk, and it's not as if you can tell the people who have or carry the virus, so obviously extreme measures are needed. Going forward, we will never live the same again, and hopefully, once the world has healed from this, we'll come out as a lot kinder people.

It's a shame that John has to go through all those measures, but everyone is just trying to stay safe.

I'll feel much better when Han finishes school today, I feel sad for her, but I'll be glad that she's out of a potentially hazardous environment.

We just have to find weird and wonderful ways of amusing ourselves now.

I'm OK I've been self isolated for years. 😂 John came home from the doctors and isn't going anywhere till his next visit to the doctors on Monday.

Kelly will be tearing her hair out at the end of this lot, she has 3 of them of school to entertain and she has to work.

At least we have a good landlord, not long had a phone call from him asking if we were ok and telling me if there's anything we want just phone him up. I was really surprised and thought it so nice of him.

Are you still allowed out to the stores to scavenge for food etc?

Yeah, we can go out for food, medical needs, to get gas, to take care of a family member, etc. The fast food drive thru's are open, and the food delivery companies are still delivering from restaurants, etc. The marijuana dispensaries are still open, guess they are essential...which may be why 7-11's are also open :D

All in all, once I got my food sorted, it's not too different except normally today, Saturday, I'd wash my car and go cruising. I'll just nip out for fast food, and go grocery shopping early Sunday, see if they have a case of water, and a couple of other things. I have a pretty good supply now

A Guy

I have not been out at all, I'm just looking through the window at the beautiful sunshine at the minute. We're now getting shopping online but have found that the store is limiting the number of items you can buy. We've no idea how the system works, but they decide when you have exceeded your lot. I know in the pending order we barely have a meal and I've tried for two weeks now, and I cannot get any frozen veg whatsoever.

We need to take the cars out soon just to give them a run. I said to John we could just go for a ride out in the car, but if you don't have a destination, then I'm not sure that there is much point because obviously, we can't get out. I'm seriously not sure how we're going to navigate this quarantine malarkey, and it hasn't even started properly yet. 🤔

John will be back at the doctors tomorrow. The business he does the books for brought a load of stuff over this morning and they'll be doing email and phone calls, VAT doesn't have to be done till May and they've put having a new range fitted and large expenditure on hold for now.

They're still having problems though, they've put marks around showing where people can stand while they wait for their orders but there are still idiots who take no notice and loll over the counters.

It's difficult as well because of staffing, they are always shut from the end of November till the middle of March, it gives them time to upgrade equipment do repairs etc. Now is the time they would be re-opening but they decided they'd just do takeaways but not having the staff is proving difficult, they need someone who can do the frying while another does the deliveries, just doing takeaways and there are people who are not prepared to wait for the meal to be cooked etc. so they may decide just to close.

It doesn't help that even though people have been told not to travel there are hoards of them travelling into the area for a holiday putting our stretched resources at risk, honestly there are some selfish people around who only think of themselves. :ffs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back