What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems everything my end with regards the Internet is running as it should be and all it took was a reboot of the router, come on I know rebooting the computer can solve a lot of problems but who'd have thought the same could be true of the router.

I know in future if I have problems that will be the first thing I try. 😀

Lol! Seriously that should be a rule of thumb with everything, 😂 turn it off and then turn it back on again. I'm having trouble with my phone at the minute because every time I respond to an email, it's sitting on my phone in draft mode, so I'm not sure whether I'm replying or not. 🤔 I think I will try the phone re-boot if not I'll have to do everything via the pc.

Hope the reboot works out for you Angie and it solves the problem. I'm just pleased my problems seem to have gone away, thought I was going to have to phone for the engineer to come back again, I would have felt such a fool if all he did was turn the router off and on again. :eyeroll:

Watched Rocket Man finally. Very good but sad. Same as Bohemian Rhapsody was good but sad.

A Guy

I've not watched Rocket Man yet but have seen Bohemian Rhapsody, I've got it in my Sky box as a freebie. I've seen lots of programs about Freddie over the years so knew just how his life unfolded. I think Rami Malek played the part of Freddie brilliantly in the film.

Hope the reboot works out for you Angie and it solves the problem. I'm just pleased my problems seem to have gone away, thought I was going to have to phone for the engineer to come back again, I would have felt such a fool if all he did was turn the router off and on again. :eyeroll:

I've not tried to see if it works yet, only because I don't want to do things twice so I'm still using the pc. :)

As for Rocket Man, I thought Taron Egerton did a fabulous job of playing Elton; I also loved him in Eddie the Eagle, I cried all the way through that. Have you seen that? I also loved the friendship portrayed between Elton and Bernie, Bernie is such a true friend to Elton, and you can see that it is just pure love for one another.

I think out of the two Bohemian was my favourite. Freddie was a fantastic entertainer but seemed very lonely. I think Rami did him proud.

Let us know what you think of Rocket Man.

@A Guy as for making them into musicals now that would be fabulous! A definite show stopper.

I can't remember if I've seen Eddie the Eagle, I know I've seen trailers about it but that was quite some time ago.

Don't think I'll be bothering about Rocket Man but you never know.

I can't remember if I've seen Eddie the Eagle, I know I've seen trailers about it, but that was quite some time ago.

Oh, Joan, you have to watch it, it's so moving. I bawled like a baby; it's so good. Please tell me you'll watch it. Pretty please. 😂

As for Rocket Man, if you have it as a freebie, you may as well watch it. 😊

If it was on TV I probably did watch it, just asked John if we watched it and he said he didn't which probably means he went to watch the bedroom TV while I watched it.

It was Bohemian Rhapsody I got as a freebie not Rocket Man. 😀

Just been having problems with the Internet again, IP's not being found again, happened to a few sites but it really annoyed me when I was having problems going through checkout at Asda after amending an order.

Finally managed to get through so I then went and turned the router off and on again and so far everything is back to normal.

I'll give it a bit longer but if it happens again I'll be getting the engineer back to sort it out.

Just been having problems with the Internet again, IP's not being found again, happened to a few sites but it really annoyed me when I was having problems going through checkout at Asda after amending an order.

Finally managed to get through so I then went and turned the router off and on again and so far everything is back to normal.

I'll give it a bit longer but if it happens again I'll be getting the engineer back to sort it out.

I have a suggestion :

Open the webpage to your modem/router settings
look through each of the settings pages maybe under advance
for "Lease" this is how long the ip address is assigned to your M/R.
Lengthen it to the max.
This may help.
When you restart the M/R it fixes it because it assigns a new address.

Yeah, you shouldn't have to keep power cycling it. Do you know who your DNS provider is?

A Guy
I'll have a look at that Bill but I'll have a look at the suggestion Thomas has given me to see what that does. I'll get back to you at some point to give an update.

I have a suggestion :

Open the webpage to your modem/router settings
look through each of the settings pages maybe under advance
for "Lease" this is how long the ip address is assigned to your M/R.
Lengthen it to the max.
This may help.
When you restart the M/R it fixes it because it assigns a new address.
I'll have a look and see what it is and let you know, not sure when I'll get back to you.

I hope you manage to get your Asda order; we had a few things missed off our order last week. I'm just waiting for this weeks although we went to the farm shop today and the shelves were stripped bare. 🙄

Due to the worldwide pandemic pizza is now knocked on the head and Han's school trip has been cancelled.

How is it for supplies and things for you, are you getting everything you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back