What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New Year!

(From one who nodded off 😊)

Alice made cake squares, basically baked a cake diced into 1 inch squares, covered them
with whipped cream, sprinkled coconut on them then put them in the freezer
for about twenty minutes to harden.one normal size cake makes almost 50 of them.
Unlike Angie I definitely like the whipped cream aspect, cream of any kind is a hit with me. We didn't nod off but it was after midnight before I realised we were in the New Year and wished hubby Happy New Year. 🤣

Todd , Mary and Shelly left tonight 8 hour drive to Virginia.
I'm driving Alice and Jen to Atlanta tomorrow , Alice to California and her Grad studies
and Jen back to England.
Jen was peeved that she'd have to wear an "Unaccompanied minor" badge as
she didn't have to do coming home :)

A Guy

Todd, Mary and Shelly left tonight 8-hour drive to Virginia.
I'm driving Alice and Jen to Atlanta tomorrow, Alice to California and her Grad studies
and Jen back to England.
Jen was peeved that she'd have to wear an "Unaccompanied minor" badge as
she didn't have to do coming home :)

You're driving Jen back to England! I hope you get comfy; you may be a while. 😂

Oh no the badge, I'm sure at every opportunity she will be hiding it. :D

Han's back today so I've been spending a little time with her, I then made her tidy under her bed...we have no idea what she has under there. :)

Jen is back safely in Gateshead, Alice is back at UCLA , Todd, Mary and Shelly back in Virginia.
I have a quiet house again :)

Time to put your feet then. 😊 I'm glad they'll all back home safe.

We're on the last weekend before Han's back at school and then we can get back into work mode.

Up early doors this morning so definitely back into the swing of it.

Now just trying to get back into some kind of work mode. 😊

No one home but me and the Cat, Had some mac and cheese all made
ready to warm and found some hamburger and tossed it in, added a few
peppers and had a simple but good meal.
Gave the Cat a treat of a fish stick (limit it usually to one a week)

Quiet night watching "Dark Shadows" on dvd

Are you enjoying the peace and quiet?

That's the only trouble with holidays trying to get back into work mode after one. 🤣

I know I usually get back into a routine and then she's off again. The good thing about her being at school is I know what day it is because when she's off, I have no idea. 😂

I know what you mean, that's one of the problems being retired I lose track of what day it is quite often. 😂

The joys of growing old Thomas isn't it fun. 😂

I don't think it's an age thing, Joan. Because we work from home, we never know what day it is so the only way to keep track is Han's schooling. Once that's finished I don't know what we'll do. 😂

How's John doing on the school run?

How's John doing on the school run?
Ok at present, it's me that worries, especially as the weather gets bad. He's not been in the best of health lately.

I just hope we don't get any snow, mind you if we do there's every chance he wouldn't be able to do it if he can't get out of the village. 🙄

Had my hair cut today, it's more on the short side again but not as much as it used to be, she washed it for me as well so that's saved me a job, which I'm finding more and more difficult. :anguished:

I know what you mean, I don't do snow driving, it's not me that I don't trust it's other people. :dizzy:

Looking at the weather, things seem to have been hotting up a bit recently, so I'm hoping it stays that way. Although the air is very chilly, the temp seems okay.

Aww, bless you, are you having trouble styling it or is it just becoming too much for you to do? I've given up trying to grow mine out now because it's just too much of a faff drying and straightening it. The shorter it is, the less time I spend doing it. :D

Been busy with my decorating post today and now trying to keep an eye on my lamb and the washing.

Yes the weather down here is more rain than anything and starting to get very windy again.

It's the actual washing I have trouble with as I can't hold my arms up long and whether I'm sitting down or standing up in the shower bending over with my head under the shower the action causes me pain and trouble breathing.

Mine is easier if it's short as it doesn't take as long to dry and style, well I just wash it and wrap a towel around it for some time then give it a quick rub flick through with the comb and that's it, leave it to dry on it's own then. :)

Feeling pretty good right now. Made to my mailbox and back without
my cane. Give my neighbor a start , He's never seen me without it. 😊
Well I did have to put up with the "What if you fell" lecture when I got
back in but that's
par for the course.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back