What's new

The search for bread... (1 Viewer)

Hi people, I was on the search for bread that was nice as fresh bread but could also make nice toast because we could not eat a loaf in a day... well I have tried a few but was not happy with the toasted version ... until now ! Tried Paul Hollywood bloomer and it worked a treat a very nice high rising bread [emoji506] that toasts beautifully, it takes a little longer but just like old fashion toast. Very few ingredients, he makes it by hand but I did mine in the mixer I then put mine in a tin he bakes his on a tray. Well worth a try people. [emoji1303]

1603268251413.png
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
That's beautifully done and very well risen. A very good bread recommendation and advert to all those looking for a tasty loaf. Thanks Macette.

Macette it may be worth putting the recipe on that you used or posting a link to it that way if other people are looking at your post they know exactly which recipe you used. [emoji16]

That bread looks very tasty macette, never mind toast give me a slice thick with butter and I'm in heaven.

Yes Joan that's what I had when fresh, but homemade bread doesn't stay fresh for very long so it was hot buttery toast the next day, it tasted like old fashioned toast really nice, so will keep this recipe...lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know it doesn't stay fresh as long, I used to make bread myself several years ago. When you say old fashioned bread what do you mean? To me it would mean on a toasting fork held in front of a coal fire. :)

Well not sure... lol I'm an Aussie kid so open fire is not quite my thing. But since coming to uk side of the world that sort of home bakery toasted bread... lol. You could try this bread just one more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back