What's new

The Great British Bake Off is Back! (1 Viewer)

163 - Copy (Medium).jpg

So it's official! The Great British Bake-off will be making an appearance on our screens very soon! Word has it that due to the pandemic the format of the show will be changing slightly; however, you'll be pleased to know that all the lovely judges will be returning barring Sandi who will be replaced this year by funnyman Matt Lucas!

As per the sites, Twitter feed the show is set to return on Tuesday 22 September at 8 pm on Channel 4, and according to sources, the first few episodes will have a longer time frame and a good supply of flour!

So mark it in your diary, tell all your friends and set it up on your planner. If you can't wait until then here's a GBBO Teaser Trailer to keep you going.

After this year's shenanigans, I think we're all looking forward to some indulgent bakes, kitchen mishaps but most of all 'On your marks...get set...bake!'

Last edited:
Who are the Great British Bake Off Contestants?

This year it has been revealed that there will only be 12 contestants instead of the usual baker's dozen.

Due to the pandemic, the show will be running a month later than usual, and the contestants were asked to take a 6-week work break so that they could stay in a secure filming location. Down Hall Hotel was this year's location and enabled all the cast, crew, contestants and behind the scenes, people to be housed all under one roof.

GBBO 2020 contestants revealed. So who are they?

Peter - 20
- Is a Finance Student from Edinburgh - He found his love of baking by watching the programme and now likes to include as many Scottish ingredients such as berries, oats, honey, and whisky into his bakes as he can.

Loriea - 27 - A Diagnostic Radiographer from Durham - Moved from Jamaica when she was 15 and uses her Caribbean roots and ingredients such as chillies and coconut to inspire her in the kitchen.

Dave - 30 - Is a Security Guard from Hampshire - He's a punk rocker at heart and listens to it while getting his weekly bake-on, he's great at bread making and has a penchant for pretzels and baguettes.

Laura- 31- A Digital Manager from Kent - Her speciality is the decoration side of baking and likes to put a modern twist on all of the old classics.

Lottie - 31 - Is a Pantomime Producer from West Sussex - Oh no, she isn't...well actually she is and a 'perpetually frustrated perfectionist' one at that. Not only does she think baking is in her blood, but as a child, she'd ignore toys preferring to make baking notes instead.

Sura - 31 - Pharmacy Dispenser who lives in London - Inspired by Prue in her early twenties Sura uses her middle eastern heritage to influence her baking and loves using strong and fragrant flavours in some of her bakes.

Mark - 32 - Public Health Project Manager - Northern Ireland - He has mixed influences with his baking ranging from his Irish heritage to Asian where he travels for work. He confesses that he bakes as a form of relaxation.

Hermine - 39 - Accountant who has lived in London in 2001 - She originates from West Africa and adores all high-end patisserie treats.

Makbul - 51 - Accountant from Greater Manchester - He's a self-taught baker and creates precision pastry by measuring using his eyes alone!

Marc - 51 - Bronze Resin Sculptor from Leicester. - He, unfortunately, lost his leg in a motorbike accident back in 2016 and used baking bread as a form of therapy. The single dad entered the show to inspire his daughter and help her understand that any obstacles can be overcome.

Rowan - 55 - Music Teacher from Worcestershire - He's a keen swimmer and fitness fanatic. He loves decorating his bakes with flowers but may be caught out with his lack of time management.

Linda - 61 - Team Leader from East Sussex - She learned to bake cakes at her Aunt's dairy farm and has a soft spot for home cooking and her signature sausage roll.

Last edited:
I'd just seen a post about this on my craft forum, only the date I didn't see who the contestants were but I didn't follow the post though so don't know if they showed it or not.
It will be interesting to see how it goes with Matt Lucas, there will no doubt be lots of laughs.

I agree to be honest I wasn't sure if it would go ahead this year or not due to the pandemic; however it is so, we will be tuning in later to find out what this year's bakes look like.

I wonder if they'll do a tent or not?

I read it somewhere that they are in their own bubble and they had to take time off work for, I think it was 6 weeks, they did have their children with them at some point to enable the home teaching.

I don't remember the exact details but it was along those lines for this year's show.

Yeah, they all quarantined and did 6 weeks together, I didn't know they had the children with them though, but it makes sense considering that's a long time to be away from them.

Have you watched it yet? I did start to, but Boris took over so we had to wait and by that point, we got sidetracked and started watching Gordon Ramsey Unchartered. 😂 Then we switched back and saw the Matt Lucas' skit with 'protect cake' and 'save loaves' and we knew it was going to be good.

I enjoyed it and think Matt Lucas is a good addition. 😁

Last edited:
It was good, did you record it or are you going to pick it up on catch up? I always set the record button for any new series that I want to watch and usually it does the series link so if I get sidetracked or watch something else while it's recording I don't miss it.
I really enjoyed it and thought Matt is a good choice for the show.

Yeah, I watched it, then re-watched it with Han, except she caught me out last night because we hadn't quite finished the first episode, but I knew about the technical challenge, and she kept asking me how I knew about it. 😂

We have all intentions of watching it live, but things always get in the way, so I try and watch it the next day and avoid any news, so I don't have any spoilers.

I have to watch last night's so I'll do that in a bit, I didn't quite fancy watching it at 7 am.

Last weeks upside-down cake disaster and the Freddie head debacle made me laugh though. 🙈

I have to watch last night's so I'll do that in a bit, I didn't quite fancy watching it at 7 am.

Last weeks upside-down cake disaster and the Freddie head debacle made me laugh though. 🙈
I wasn't even out of bed at that time. 😂
She was really upset about knocking his cakes and as for the Freddie head. :eyeroll:

Lol! I'm up at 6 am at the minute!

I know that pesky fly has a lot to answer for. 😂 Ooh Freddie, in all fairness though I'm just glad they managed to get the head on. I've watched this week's, but I won't reveal any spoilers just in case anybody hasn't seen it yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back