What's new

@Teresa Z - Sweet Breads Falling when baking (1 Viewer)

There are a few reasons why sweetbreads may fall when baking so here are a few things you might like to try or check...

I am assuming you will be using some kind of leavening agent in your bread whether that be yeast or baking soda or powder so I will cover both.

1. Ensure your leavening agents such as baking soda, baking powder, or yeast are in date. If they look a little stale or grey and are not the correct colour, then bin them and always use fresh as this can have an adverse effect on your bread and cause it to fall.

2. If you are using yeast in your mix, then ensure you do not use too much.

3. When you have added your leavening agent and all your ingredients are combined ensure that you get the mixture into your preheated oven immediately as the first reaction starts when your baking powder is mixed with your wet ingredients and creates gases, and the next occurs when you bake it when the gases react with the heat and escape.

4. Do not overfill your tin or loaf pan too much.

5. Do not open the oven door when vital parts of the baking process are happening (especially when you first place it in the oven) as when you open the door you allow a whoosh of cold air to mix with your baking which can have an adverse effect.

6. Always preheat your oven before baking so that your mixture bakes straight away at the optimum temperature.

7. Try and ensure all your ingredients are at room temperature, especially the eggs as you get much better aeration (air) in your mixture when using room temperature eggs and a better rise.

8. Ensure your oven is the correct temperature as this plays a vital part in the baking.

9. Here is my Banana Loaf Tutorial that you may like to try. If you follow the guide, you should have fabulous results.

Good luck. :D

Last edited:
Twitter.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back