What's new

Struggling with chocolate ganache. (1 Viewer)

Sara

Ive made some ganache but its separating a bit is there anything I can do to fix it or should I start again?

Solution
Hi Sara, hope you're doing well! Yes, you can fix it, and no, you don't need to start again, which is always a good thing! :D

A couple of things to try if your ganache isn't working properly are as follows: -

If the ganache is breaking or separating then whisk in a tablespoon of warm milk or cream, keep adding a little at a time until it comes together either that or put it in the fridge and allow the cocoa butter in the chocolate to set.

If the ganache seems grainy re-heat it and start again.

If it is too thick, then place in a bowl over a simmering saucepan and mix together slowly or place in the microwave to melt. If the ganache becomes too runny, let it cool and set a little at room temperature and then put in the fridge to...
Hi Sara, hope you're doing well! Yes, you can fix it, and no, you don't need to start again, which is always a good thing! :D

A couple of things to try if your ganache isn't working properly are as follows: -

If the ganache is breaking or separating then whisk in a tablespoon of warm milk or cream, keep adding a little at a time until it comes together either that or put it in the fridge and allow the cocoa butter in the chocolate to set.

If the ganache seems grainy re-heat it and start again.

If it is too thick, then place in a bowl over a simmering saucepan and mix together slowly or place in the microwave to melt. If the ganache becomes too runny, let it cool and set a little at room temperature and then put in the fridge to thicken.
Remove from the fridge allow to bring back to room temp and then whisk; this can then be piped.

Also, check your ratios of chocolate to cream if your fat to liquid quantity isn't right; this may cause the mixture to split.

Here is a ganache recipe/mini-tutorial for you.

If you need anything else, then please let me know.

Last edited:
Solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Back