What's new

Sandi Toksvig says Bye-Bye to Bake Off (1 Viewer)

Sadly it has recently been reported that Sandi Toksvig will be stepping down from her hosting duties on Bake Off to pursue other projects.

sandi toksvig.JPG

Fans were sad to learn that her final appearance in the tent will be on the upcoming Stand Up 2 Cancer episode.

Sandi has stated that she has had a wonderful time being on the show and made many lifelong friendships. She has said 'Unusually I am departing from the Great British Bake Off so I can spend more time with my other work. As my waistline will testify, Bake Off is an all-consuming show.'

Noel has confirmed that he will miss his fellow baking host but has thoroughly enjoyed all the times they got to play together in the tent.

We wish Sandi well on her new adventures.

Last edited:
I saw this report last week and thought how sad, I think her and Noel made a great pair hosting the program, have to wonder now who they will get to replace her.

I must confess I haven't watched it since Mary has gone, but I do see things on it from time to time. I've liked Sandi since her days in Whose Line is it Anyway and No 73.

I'm not sure when her replacement will get announced, but when it does, I'll post it.

So it has finally been announced that Matt Lucas will be taking over from Sandi.

Matt says he's excited about joining the most delicious show on TV and confirms that due to his love of cake he's ordered himself some new bigger trousers before he hits the tent!

I'm sure he will be a great addition.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back