What's new

Princess Eugenie's Wedding Cake (1 Viewer)

A beautiful bride with her beautiful cake.

Eugenie cake.JPG

I really love the autumnal theme and colours of this cake and the inclusion of ivy which pays homage to their 'Ivy Cottage' home.

Sophie Cabot who made the cake has been extremely busy this week in the kitchens of Kensington Palace. Not only is the cake 5 tier it contains approximately 53 packs of butter, 20 kilo's of sugar, over 400 eggs and 15 kilos of organic flour! The autumn/fall theme continues on the inside with the flavours being made up of Red Velvet and Chocolate tiers. The cake oozes sophistication and is very current with the seasons.

I wish the Princess and her husband Jack and extremely happy life together.

Iced fruit cake. If that doesn’t sound appetizing to you, then be glad you’re not a royal... because that is the traditional cake served at royal weddings. But Princess Eugenie’s wedding cake breaks from royal tradition, and it truly sounds delicious. As People reported, the princess and her fiancé, Jack Brooksbank, will serve up a chocolate and red velvet pairing to their guests this weekend.

Why Princess Eugenie & Jack Brooksbank's Wedding Cake Breaks Royal Tradition

A Guy

I like fruit cake only if I've made it though. I think because years ago people used to keep the top tier for the Christening fruit cake was all the rage. I had a sponge cake for our wedding and I know my friend Jules has made different varieties and flavourings for wedding cakes she made for people. Each tier seems to be a different flavour these days.

I had fruit cake for my first wedding cake but for the second we just had a chocolate sponge sandwich cake but then we didn't make a fuss over it. Just went to the register office with a couple of friends to act as witness's then went to the Chinese for lunch, in fact that night in the pub they didn't believe us when we said we'd got married. :lmao:

I've been called a fruitcake, but never eaten one. I always thought it was what people regifted every year at Xmas :)

A Guy

I love fruitcake and always have one at Christmas but because of Johns sugar levels now just have a small bar cake instead of a traditional round one and John will have a small slice.

Lol, I love the way you guys have fruit cake together, to me it doesn't look right which is why I always separate it. You're not the only one Bill I think we're all guilty of being one at some point. My Mum adores it, that and Carrot Cake, I make her a Christmas cake every year just because she loves them so much.

My John also loves them and I love the smell of them when they're baking in the kitchen, it always reminds me of Christmas.

John gets me a carrot cake from the Post Office/Shop in the next village and that has a coating on the top, I love it. When I have one I'll have a slice after my evening meal each night, of course John can't have any because of the sugars in it.

Aww that's nice. :yum: I couldn't cope without having any sugar, it's my only vice these days. :shortcake::shortcake::shortcake: I love lots of different frostings the only thing I don't do is buttercream and fresh cream.

Oh and I love them, I love coffee buttercream as well as plain and as for cream of yes please. How can you bake cakes and not have cream? :scream:

I don't care what topping a cake has, I love them all. Just had my Tesco delivery and I order fresh cream meringues, they come in boxes of 2, they aren't that big but there's an offer if you buy 2 boxes. I order a box of just plain ones and a box of toffee ones, but today they didn't have the toffee ones so they've sent me a box of 2 Belgium Chocolate Cream Buns as a substitution. I don't mind they're cream cakes and that's all that matters, my weekend treat. :yum::yum:

Lol, see Joan I would have sent them back! :lmao: I don't know why I don't do cream I think it's because it doesn't really have a texture and just kind of evaporates. It doesn't really taste of much either so maybe I think I'm being short-changed. When I eat cake I want my taste buds to be dancing either that or making me salivate. Cream cakes don't do that for me. Now anything containing jam, chocolate, lemon curd etc now that I'll eat all day long. I'm not a lover of buttercream either. :lmao:

Don't be silly you don't send cakes back, anything else that's OK but not cakes. :scream:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back