What's new

NEED HELP TO MAKE A THIS CAKE (1 Viewer)

SAGE3020

HELLO....I FOUND A
BLUECAKE.jpg
PICTURE OF THIS CAKE AND I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE CUTE TO MAKE FOR MY GODDAUGHTERS BABYSHOWER. I NEED HELP ON HOW THE FROSTING GOT THAT GLOSSY AND SHIMMER LOOK. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE.

Solution
Hi Sage, welcome to the site... :)

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I would say from the picture the buttercream looks like some sort of swiss buttercream or a meringue type buttercream as when you whip the eggs whites they comes up very shiny and glossy, which is what the cake looks like. If you can try and click on the original picture you have sent and see if it gives you any website advice, that way you may be able to obtain the info from the baker who made it. The cake does look super good so hopefully they haven't used photoshop to enhance the colour. :wink:

When making anything like this used concentrated dye for the buttercream, I must admit it is a beautiful colour and would look lovely as your god daughters cake...
Hello Sage, welcome to the site I'm sure you'll find plenty of help here so enjoy your time with us. :)

Sorry I can't help with your query but if you wait for a short time Angie should see your post and be along to help, she has lots of knowledge so I'm sure she will be able to help solved your problem. :wink:

Hi Sage, welcome to the site... :)

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I would say from the picture the buttercream looks like some sort of swiss buttercream or a meringue type buttercream as when you whip the eggs whites they comes up very shiny and glossy, which is what the cake looks like. If you can try and click on the original picture you have sent and see if it gives you any website advice, that way you may be able to obtain the info from the baker who made it. The cake does look super good so hopefully they haven't used photoshop to enhance the colour. :wink:

When making anything like this used concentrated dye for the buttercream, I must admit it is a beautiful colour and would look lovely as your god daughters cake. The sparkle on the cake will be edible sugar crystals to give the cake that shimmer effect and the roses were piped used a 1M piping nozzle.

Hope this helps.

Solution
I got the picture from someone who posted it looking for a baker to make that cake...Thank you so much for the tips, this really helped me out. It was no rush,the cake is not due until August. If you make this cake before I do please post..lol

You're most welcome, not sure I'll be making one like it before the summer but here are a few more bits for you :D ....when you do pipe your roses make sure you start from the centre and then work your way out. If you look at the picture of the cupcakes below, I started in the centre of each cupcake and worked my way outwards to create the rose. When you do your cake start at a point near the bottom but do the bottom layer of roses first and work upwards on your layers until you reach the top of the cake, that way you don't end up with squashed roses on the bottom.

Also, see the Butterfly cakes and cupcakes I made for my daughters birthday.

The cupcakes were chocolate roses finished off with an edible butterfly.

Pictured below are some two-tone cupcakes I made a few years ago using normal buttercream, it's not as shiny as the meringue type buttercream, but it will hold its shape for you. The middle orange one on the top row shows you the best definition.

Good luck with your cake and if you need anything further, then please let us know. It would be great to hear how you get on with it. :)

Orange Two Tone Buttercream Cupcakes1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back