What's new

My New Book…99 Baking and Decorating Tips (2 Viewers)

I'm so excited to announce that my new book 99 Baking and Decorating Tips by Angie Fairbrother is now available on Amazon in both Kindle and Paperback format. (Cue happy dance!)

book cover.jpg

I've wanted to write a book for a long time and created this one to help and assist those of you who need a little go-to guide once in a while.

Author-Book-Picture-Angie-Fairbrother-480x310.jpg

It's great for kids who are interested in baking, it's helpful to those of you that have an idea of what you're doing, and there is even stuff in there to help those who have a pretty good idea of what to do too.

In short, I start the book from turning the oven on (which is an essential tip in itself) and include things that have helped me along the way. There are pictures next to each tip so if you're flicking through it; it will be easier to find what you're looking for rather than just searching through a mass of text.

I do hope you enjoy the book and would love to know your thoughts on it. If you have any questions regarding it, then please post below, and I will happily get back to you.

99-Baking-and-Decorating-Tips-Book-Cover-480x308.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, and I wish you the very best of luck on your baking journey.

For those of you who buy the book, I hope it serves you well.

Buy from

Best wishes

Angie 💖

Last edited:
I've just got another 5 Star Review on Amazon! :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Last edited:
Awesome, how are sales? I can imagine it's terribly hard to sell any book, no matter how good it may be

A Guy

It's a lot more difficult than you think. Sales are ticking over, but you have to keep reminding people it's out there and promote it at every opportunity. I'm still coming up with ways of putting it out there. The thing is you have to persuade people to part with their hard-earned cash on something you've created. Currently, it sits in one of the biggest libraries/book stores in the world, so I have to entice people to look at it then buy/read it. But on a plus note, that means lots more eyes around the world get to see it! :D

All the feedback that I'm receiving from people is that they absolutely love it, so that's great. I just need them to tell their friends about it and so on.

I'd love it to thrive and think it's an excellent book for adults and children alike so when it picks up the pace and starts spidering to where it needs to be; sales will flourish. :cool:

Once it gets there, I'll start on the second book.

Last edited:
I hope your sales do pick up, at the moment I've not said anything about it because of trying to keep it a secret from Kelly but once I've given her the book hopefully she will spread the word around about it, she has lots of friends and knows a lot of people in the catering industry as well.

The trouble as well is I don't go out so don't see other people and at the moment keep quiet on Facebook because Kelly sees my posts.

Just hang on in there we'll get you noticed and hopefully sales will start to rise. :D

Lol, Mrs Secret Squirrel you do make me laugh. :lmao: That's very thoughtful thanks, Joan. :wink:

My hairdresser friend is promoting me too, so you get a cut and blow with a quick read of my book! :)

As you know, I've posted on Fb, Twitter and here which is pretty much my social media side and then I've spoken to people I know from the Butcher the Baker to the Candlestick maker and then everyone else in between. :D

I don't do the school run anymore so I cannot promote it in the playground so; literally, I'm trying to cover all the places that I go to and leaving a copy of the book so they can pass it around and show their colleagues. I'm like the bookman but just promoting my own book! :cool: I used to love that guy.

I do appreciate all the help I'm getting, and my Amazon reviews are all 5 stars, so it's all good. People obviously like it, which was my aim as I wanted to teach to the masses. I do have a few book signings to do, but no Book Tour planned as of yet, there is time though! :p

Last edited:
You'll enjoy it Mike, it's a good book. 👍
I'm a sucker for cookbooks and have far too many but none on baking (I recently put a request in for a larger bookcase, which was turned down by our house chief planning and finance officer 🤣🙄). Right now I'm resisting the urge to order everything Mary Berry has ever written 🤣.

You could always get over the bookcase problem if you have a tablet or Kindle and put your cookbooks onto them. 😂

You could always get over the bookcase problem if you have a tablet or Kindle and put your cookbooks onto them. 😂
I do have a tablet that I use in the kitchen sometimes. I tried a Kindle when they first came out and found I preferred a physical book to read and browse. I have a few classic Italian cookbooks from the likes of Alistair Little and Rose Gray, and some old traditional Italian ones too. I'm currently in negotiations on the bookcase 😂 . I ought to have a clear out really.

Ah, that's funny! 🤣 A word of advice, though. Start off with a few new things at a time. A book here some equipment there and buy things as you need them. When I first started out, I bought loads of stuff from a cake shop and ended up overwhelming myself and buying things I had no clue how to use.

I agree with the chief planning and finance officer at the minute, 🤓 but having said that, I've got a boatload of orders coming shortly, so I have no room to talk. 🙈 In my defence, though, I have it for research and development, but I'm quickly running out of room in my office.

Thank you for buying my book; 👩‍🍳 I do hope to write more in the future regarding recipes and decorating etc., so you might be able to give me some ideas/insight on that by letting me know what kind of things you'd like to learn how to bake. I do them in both formats because I know like you that people are what I call 'page feelers', and you prefer a physical book to that on screen.

Last edited:
I've got a boatload of orders coming shortly, so I have no room to talk. 🙈 In my defence, though, I have it for research and development, but I'm quickly running out of room in my office.
Hmmm I wonder if I can play the "research and development" card to justify my new bookcase... 🤔 Nope I don't think I'd get away with that.
Thank you for buying my book; 👩‍🍳 I do hope to write more in the future regarding recipes and decorating etc., so you might be able to give me some ideas/insight on that by letting me know what kind of things you'd like to learn how to bake. I do them in both formats because I know like you that people are what I call 'page feelers', and you prefer a physical book to that on screen.
It arrived today :thumbsup:, really good handy guide. Page feelers 🤣🤣. When it comes to books I do prefer physical books over Kindles and pdfs etc. I don't watch much TV, so it's good to sit and browse a book.

20210330_184458.jpg

I do hope to write more in the future regarding recipes and decorating etc., so you might be able to give me some ideas/insight on that by letting me know what kind of things you'd like to learn how to bake.
I have enough ideas / insights / questions for several volumes...

Hmmm I wonder if I can play the "research and development" card to justify my new bookcase... 🤔 Nope I don't think I'd get away with that.

It arrived today :thumbsup:, really good handy guide. Page feelers 🤣🤣. When it comes to books I do prefer physical books over Kindles and pdfs etc. I don't watch much TV, so it's good to sit and browse a book.

View attachment 5834

Lol! It's worth a try. 😂 They have no choice in this house although sometimes I do have to have a word with myself. :oops:

I'm glad you like the book, and I appreciate the feedback. What else would you call them? 🤔 I like my term, 'page feelers'; it should be made a thing. 🤓 My best friends sister is all about books and would never read anything unless it was in paperback form. That's why I did both varieties.

Fabulous! Let the writing commence. 👩‍🍳

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back