What's new

My eggless chocolate cake has gone hard why? - Sam (1 Viewer)

Samriddhi G - Help Me Bake
May 1st - 3:01pm

I made a simple chocolate cake...Eggless...first time it was ok...bt next time it became rock hard as it came to room temperature....I can't make out y....pls help me if u can

Hi Samriddhi

It sounds like you have over baked the cake slightly which has led to it going hard whilst in the cooling process. This may have been caused by a slightly higher temperature in the oven or you have simply left it in too long.

The problem with chocolate cake is that you cannot see if the cake has browned (like you can with a vanilla sponge) as your chocolate mix is already brown so the only thing you can do is keep a careful eye on the baking times and temperature.

What you could do in future is check the cake a few minutes under your baking time before you remove it from the oven. This way you can insert a skewer or cocktail stick into the centre of the cake. If the skewer comes out clean and there is no cake mix on it then your eggless chocolate cake is done. You can also do other checks such as seeing if the cake has risen and that it is springy to the touch.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Angie

sam3.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back