Microwave Lemon Curd Recipe
200g Sugar (I used granulated)
2 Full Eggs+ 1 Extra Yolk
2 Normal Size Lemons or 3 Small Lemons – Zest & Juice
Jam Pots – (Wax Paper to Seal –Optional)
(Ensure pots and lids have been scalded with hot water and the pots have been dried in the oven to prevent any bacteria).
This recipe will give you one full pot or two small pots of Lemon Curd so you may want to double up the cooking time and ingredients depending on how much you need.
Be careful when blasting to avoid splashing as the mixture is very hot!
1. Put the sugar and butter in a bowl and put in the microwave on full power for 1 minute.
2. Take out of the microwave then add the two full eggs, additional yolk and the zest and juice of the lemons (to the melted butter and sugar mix) and blast with an electric whisk on full power for about 1 minute. (Ensure eggs are mixed in thoroughly to ensure you don’t get cooked egg in the mix).
3. Put back in the microwave on full power for 2 minutes.
4. Take out of microwave and blast with an electric whisk on full power again for about 1 minute.
5. Put back in microwave on full powerfor 2 minutes.
6. Take out of the microwave, blast with an electric whisk for about 30 seconds.
7. Pour into pots seal with wax paper circle, place on lid or alternatively wait for the lemon curd to cool and then place on the lid thus ensuring no condensation forms in the top of the jar which may cause mould.
8. Store in the fridge once cooled.
The lemon curd will thicken once cooled and placed in the fridge.
If you have doubled up on the recipe you may require an additional 1 or 2 minutes cooking time.