What's new

Jam shortcakes (1 Viewer)

Pip

Hi I followed this recipe from your website today - there was sugar in the list of ingredients but the method didn’t say to add sugar at any point. I’m a novice baker and this was my first home on this website. The cakes were a disaster and had to be thrown away. Very disheartening

Solution
Oh Pip I'm ever so sorry about your experience, yes you are correct, and I have missed off the icing sugar in my instructions for some reason. Still, I thank you for pointing it out and preventing the same mistake happening to somebody else.

I know it's no consolation but I always post the ingredients in the order that you are going to use them so that you can set them up on your worktop before baking.

I do hope you have another attempt at these because they are lovely little treats and I have now amended the recipe and triple checked it to ensure they are good to go. I hope this helps.

Good luck, and happy baking!

Angie 😊

Oh Pip I'm ever so sorry about your experience, yes you are correct, and I have missed off the icing sugar in my instructions for some reason. Still, I thank you for pointing it out and preventing the same mistake happening to somebody else.

I know it's no consolation but I always post the ingredients in the order that you are going to use them so that you can set them up on your worktop before baking.

I do hope you have another attempt at these because they are lovely little treats and I have now amended the recipe and triple checked it to ensure they are good to go. I hope this helps.

Good luck, and happy baking!

Angie 😊

Last edited:
Solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Back