What's new

Is it ok to store cupcakes for 48 hours in cardboard cupcake boxes? (1 Viewer)

vgrove85

Please help.

I'm wanting to make 100 cupcake sponges today and store them in cardboard boxes to ice tomorrow.

They are for a wedding on Saturday. Will they be ok and not go stale?

Thank you in advance!

Hiya

As long as you keep the cupcakes in a cardboard box/cupcake box that has a lid and is placed in a cool dry place in your house then they should be fine. Cupcakes usually last a few days although they are always freshest on the day they are made but they will actually keep.

Another thing you could do is lightly cover the top of the box with clingfilm just to keep more freshness in.

I tend to avoid placing cupcakes in air tight containers as I find they sweat and become sticky on the top.

If you are still worried they aren't fresh enough or will dry out then another thing you could do is add some filling into your cupcakes when you are filling them. You could inject the filling into the centre of your cupcakes using a bismark nozzle or you could core the centre using a corer and place some filling in that way. This will then give the wedding guests a lovely surprise and you piece of mind there is some moisture in the centre of the cakes. Just a thought but in all honesty I think you will be fine. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back