What's new

How to make Strawberry Milkshake Buttercream (1 Viewer)

Here is the recipe and guide for making strawberry milkshake buttercream. This recipe will allow you to fill a 7-inch round cake or around 6-8 cupcakes, depending on how much buttercream you use.

Strawberry-Milkshake-Buttercream-Help-Me-Bake-1-480x421.jpg

If you are trying to cover and fill the cake with strawberry buttercream, you may wish to double the recipe.

Tip:- Remove the butter from the fridge 30 minutes before making this buttercream in order for the butter to soften.

Ingredients:
  • 100 grams / 3.5 oz Unsalted Butter (Softened)
  • 165 grams / 6 oz Icing Sugar (Confectioners Sugar USA)
  • 50 grams / 1.7 oz Nesquik Strawberry Milkshake Powder
  • ½ Tablespoon Milk
  • Then add an additional ½ Teaspoon of Milk to the mix.

Strawberry Milkshake Buttercream Help Me Bake.jpg

Method:

1 Cut the butter into cubes and place in a mixing bowl.

2 Use an electric whisk on a medium speed and soften the butter further for 1-2 minutes.

3 Sieve in the icing sugar in stages and mix together using a wooden spoon. This will help bind the butter and icing sugar together easier. Once you have added all the icing sugar in then, use the electric whisk to fluff the mixture and combine and smooth it further. Do this for a couple of minutes.

4 Pour in the Nesquik Strawberry Milkshake powder and whisk in, you should now see the mixture turn pink in colour.

5 Now add the Tablespoon of milk to the batch and continue to combine using the electric whisk, the mixture will soften slightly more and become more soft and fluffy in texture.

6 I then added an additional ½ Teaspoon of milk to get the buttercream to the correct consistency.

7 You can now fill your cake/cupcakes, or you could place it in the fridge. In the event you put the buttercream in the refrigerator please ensure you allow it to return to room temperature before use and re whisk it to ensure it is fluffy and airy.

Tip - If your buttercream is too stiff add a little extra milk to the recipe if your mixture is too runny then add a little extra icing sugar to the mix to stiffen it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back