What's new

How to make a Banana Loaf Tutorial (1 Viewer)

How to make a banana loaf step by step tutorial.

Banana Loaf (130).jpg

Banana Loaf Recipe -
Preheat your oven to one of the following:
150°C - 160°C fan assisted
170°C - 180°C degrees conventional oven
Gas Mark 4

320F

Ingredients
100g / 3.5oz Butter
125g / 4.4 oz Soft Brown Sugar
2 Medium Eggs
3 Ripe Medium Sized Bananas (Fully brown skin and slightly soft if possible)
200g / 7oz Plain Flour
1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
1 Pinch of Salt
½ Teaspoon of Nutmeg
50g / 1.7oz Ground or Flaked Almonds

Banana Loaf (5).jpg

**I have pre-baked my bananas to make them ripe as per the below picture, therefore please also see 'How to ripen your bananas quickly' if you wish to do this.

Banana Loaf (40) - Copy-002.jpg

Method:

1. Weigh out your butter and sugar and then place them in a mixing bowl and whisk together.

Banana Loaf (16).jpg

Banana Loaf (24).jpg

Banana Loaf (42).jpg

Banana Loaf (45).jpg

2. Add each egg one at a time and whisk in after each.

Banana Loaf (50).jpg

Banana Loaf (52).jpg

3. Chop up and dice your 3 ripe bananas and place them in your bowl, mix in with a wooden spoon.

If you have pre-baked and ripened your bananas as I have then slice off the ends and squeeze out the contents of your banana into your batter and then mix in with a wooden spoon.

Banana Loaf (80) - Copy.jpg

Banana Loaf (83)-001.jpg

Banana Loaf (91).jpg

4. Weigh out the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg and place into a bowl (I just placed them all in my scales bowl) now sieve all the ingredients into your batter and mix together with your wooden spoon.

Banana Loaf (38) - Copy.jpg

Banana Loaf (94).jpg

Banana Loaf (98).jpg

Banana Loaf (101).jpg

Banana Loaf (103).jpg

Banana Loaf (105).jpg

5. Now weigh out and add the ground almonds.

Banana Loaf (108).jpg

Banana Loaf (109).jpg

Banana Loaf (112).jpg

6. Give the batter a quick whisk (about 10-15 seconds) to combine and then place in a greased or pre-lined loaf tin.

Banana Loaf (114).jpg

Banana Loaf (116).jpg

Banana Loaf (118).jpg

6. Sprinkle the top with brown sugar and bake in the centre of the oven for approx 45-55 mins. (I baked mine on 150°C for 55 minutes in a fan assisted oven).

Banana Loaf (118).jpg

Banana Loaf (122).jpg

Banana Loaf (124).jpg

7. Once baked test with a skewer and ensure it comes out clean. If it is still gooey place back in the oven in five-minute increments and then check again to see if baked fully.

8. When baked place the tin on a wire rack for 10-15 mins to allow the cake to shrink away from the tin, then remove the banana loaf from the tin and allow the cake to cool fully on the wire rack.

If you have pre-lined the tin then leave for approx 5 -10 mins then tip the cake out of the tin and place on the wire rack to cool fully.

Banana Loaf (130).jpg

Banana Loaf (131).jpg

9. Once fully cooled slice and serve. It is slightly crunchy on outside due to the brown sugar and lovely and moist on the inside.

Tip: How to keep a loaf cake fresher for longer.

Banana Loaf (135).jpg

Banana Loaf (144) - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
I love Banana bread. We normally waited until we had a bowl full of over ripe bananas before we made any, but will try your method of baking them beforehand now. Thanks:)

Hi Errol

You're most welcome. I generally wait until they have gone brown in the fruit bowl and over ripe like yourself so I only use the baked bananas if I have green/yellow bananas and I want to make a banana loaf without waiting for the ripening process. I must admit though after speeding up the 'ripening process' the baked bananas in the loaf were extremely good. Just be careful when handling them though as they are hot so please leave to cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back