What's new

How baking helps with anxiety, mental health and wellbeing. (1 Viewer)

brain mindfulness (Medium).jpg
Hi lovelies, in light of the current pandemic, I thought it might be wise to put down some positive facts about mental health and baking. To be honest, I was hoping to avoid the subject altogether and lived in the hope that we would get back to some sort of normality much quicker.

However, it has become apparent that as time moves on, it's clear that COVID-19 isn't going away anytime soon and will eventually form part of our history.

mindfulness-wellbeing-brain-480x439.jpg

So, with that in mind, it's now time to buckle down, socially distance ourselves and try to stay sane in these uncertain times. In doing so, I've put together some facts to help keep you occupied for five minutes and explain how the benefits of baking will help you stay positive, if only for a short while.

Just remember we're all in this together! Stay safe, and sending you all much love at this time. ❤️ Even if you've never baked in your entire life, I encourage you to give it a try.

Good Luck!

Focus
  • Baking is known to be a therapeutic activity that is terrific for your mental and emotional wellbeing. To bake, you have to focus your mind and be present in the moment. By doing so, you alleviate restlessness by creating structure and routine while following a task and submerging yourself in it. Not only reducing stress but increasing happiness and giving you a sense of purpose.
Creativity
  • Baking is a creative outlet, and you can make your bakes as flamboyant or straightforward as you please. It's your chance to let loose with colour and sparkle and unleash your inner diva. So whether you paint it with rainbows, slap it with sprinkles or drizzle it in chocolate, be sure to have as much fun as you can with it. It's also a great way to get the kids involved and make it a family activity of creativity. The only rules are, there are no rules, so go have fun, fun, fun!
Sense of Achievement
  • There's nothing better than counting down the last few seconds on the oven before your freshly baked goods escape and envelope your kitchen with their mouth-watering aromas. Once the smell has subsided, you then get to tantalise your taste buds, stimulate your senses and nourish the soul all in one go. Bringing about a blissful, heartwarming feeling finished off with a real sense of achievement.
Connections
  • Baking brings people together; it forges connections with like-minded people or people who just like food. It's a caring pass time, and everyone benefits from it. Sharing your baked goods with the neighbours, friends or work colleagues is a sure-fire way of building links and interactions with people you may not have known before, and you get to enjoy yummy treats together.

So now you know some of the benefits, what are you waiting for?

Go forth, bake and enjoy! 👩‍🍳

Best wishes

Angie ❤️

Last edited:
Hi,
This is so true, learning to bake is one of the best things I have ever done. I still have lots to learn, but I suffer with depression and anxiety and some days it can be absolutely awful but if I can push myself to do anything then baking is it. I find it enjoyable, and I just get right into it. I really feel like I have achieved something when I take my bakes out of the oven. Unfortunately, I can’t share them at the moment due to the lockdown but when I am able to I will be handing my bakes to neighbours and family.

I totally recommend baking to everyone, even if it goes wrong then try again and do not give up.
Julie

So glad to hear that baking is helping with your health Julie, just been looking at your latest creation and they look yummy, keep up the good work it's the sort of work that's tasty. 😋

Users who are viewing this thread

Back