What's new

Happy Thanksgiving (1 Viewer)

We are sending our friends across the pond a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving Message: – May you always be blessed with…Good Health, A Happy Home, Love and Laughter, Great Friends and delicious food!
turkey-480x558.jpg

Let the celebrations begin…Have a fabulous day!

Last edited:
We are sending our friends across the pond a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving Message: – May you always be blessed with…Good Health, A Happy Home, Love and Laughter, Great Friends and delicious food!
turkey-480x558.jpg

Let the celebrations begin…Have a fabulous day!

Thanksgiving is HUGE in the USA.
I'm always asked where am I going for thanksgiving dinner,
I always say we don't celebrate it in England, I don't feel ungrateful I'm just not a farmer.
Its kinda like harvest day in England, not too many people bother with that.
For me, its too close to Christmas.

I know Thanksgiving is a massive event in the states, and I've always wanted to do it. Does it overtake Christmas in the popularity stakes with it being so close or is Christmas still great because of the pressies? :)

Harvest Festival, wow, that takes me back when we had to take tins into school and then they'd distribute the goodies among the old folks. You're right though other than the schools we don't really celebrate it.

I know Thanksgiving is a massive event in the states, and I've always wanted to do it. Does it overtake Christmas in the popularity stakes with it being so close or is Christmas still great because of the pressies? :)

Harvest Festival, wow, that takes me back when we had to take tins into school and then they'd distribute the goodies among the old folks. You're right though other than the schools we don't really celebrate it.

Thanksgiving is the time of year that people gear up for christmas shopping madness.
Its very typical for guys to finish turkey dinner and start watching football games all afternoon, the women are long gone to the malls, Christmas sales traditionally start on thanksgiving day, its absolute bedlam.
The next day all the Christmas decorations go up.

Thanksgiving is Family and Food (and American football if that's your thing :wink: ). Christmas is Family, but it's more about conspicuous consumption. Some businesses live or die on Christmas results. I like the way people get friendlier at Xmas, but Thanksgiving is more pure so to speak :wink: IMHO

A Guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back