What's new

Happy 100th Birthday Colonel Tom Moore (1 Viewer)

We would like to take this opportunity to wish a true hero Captain Tom Moore a very Happy 100th Birthday today.

Captain tom.PNG

Photo by Capture the Light Photography

Not only was he a war veteran, but he continues to serve and has recently raised over 30 million pounds for the NHS by completing 100 garden laps using his walker, he did it to raise money for the NHS in light of the Covid-19 pandemic and to say thank you to them for looking after him after a fall and a broken hip. His original hopes were to raise £1000 and as you can see he has smashed that.

He's quoted as saying that 'his legs may be tired, but his mind is racing', and he's hoping to be back very soon with other ways in which he can help people. His words of advice to us are 'Please always remember, tomorrow will be a good day'.

In light of his heroism, Captain Tom has been rewarded for his efforts by the Queen, not only did her majesty issue a personal message she also promoted him to Honorary Colonel of the Army Foundation College Harrogate. He also received his very own fly-past from the Royal Air Force.

Well done Sir, Happy Birthday and we salute you. 💖

Last edited:
Did you see the fly past Angie, plus all those birthday cards he got? He is a true hero, as he said he remembers seeing those aeroplanes flying in anger and it was wonderful to see them flying in peace, or words to that effect.

Did you see the flypast Angie, plus all those birthday cards he got? He is a true hero, as he said he remembers seeing those aeroplanes flying in anger and it was wonderful to see them flying in peace, or words to that effect.

No, I saw the static pictures in the paper, I think it's marvellous how everyone has gotten behind him; I don't think he expected things to take off as they have. However, I do believe his hard-earned efforts have been rewarded accordingly; he truly deserves it.

@A Guy I'm not up on army rankings, so I had to google them. You're educating me again. 🤓

He only wanted to raise £1,000, the donation page was closing last night at midnight so I'm not sure what the final figure was, I know it was over £30 million earlier in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back