What's new

Granola Bars (1 Viewer)

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I've never used your site before, but am looking for some help with baking. I'm struggling with a granola bar recipe - can't figure out how to fix it. Where should I post this question? Is this even the right type of website for this inquiry? Thanks!

Hi

Further to your email I've took the liberty of starting the thread for you.

In answer to your questions:

All baking/cake etc questions are posted in The Bakery Section.
Yes we do offer help on baking/cake etc on the site :D.
Let us know which bit of the granola bar recipe you are struggling with or problems you are having and we'll help you out.

Angie

Hi again, here's my problem. The batter for my granola bars is so "wet" and "sticky" that i have to fully chill the batter before I can scoop, press, and bake it. This adds a lot of time to the process. What could cause it to be so wet and sticky? The liquids in the recipe are:

-Sunflower Oil
-Honey
-Vanilla
-Eggs
-Melted butter

Since I have no formal baking background, I'm not sure if I should try to reduce the liquids (such as sunflower oil), or increase the "dry" ingredients (mostly oats, WW flour). The final product, once baked, is good. Any help is much appreciated! And let me know if you need the full list of ingredients- maybe some other item (brown sugar?) is also contributing to the "wetness".

From the list of ingredients you have given it does seem to me that you are using numerous liquids in your mix (albeit I don't know the actual quantities) and if you are not using enough 'dry' ingredients it could be part of your problem. Are oats and whole wheat flour your only source of dry ingredients?

Posting the recipe would help as then I know what wet/dry ratio of ingredients you are using.

One basic thing to note too, is, it is also worth checking similar recipes to the ones you are using just in case there is a typo on the list of ingredients (this has happened to me before). The mix itself will be sticky but with you mentioning you have to chill it, it does sound wet.

If you let me know about the ingredients it would give me a better idea of what you are working with and then I can help you further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back