What's new

First Hot cross buns (1 Viewer)

Well here they are ....very first hot cross buns, not sure if it's really worth all the trouble when they are so cheap in Tesco's but had to see if I could and am very happy with the look don't know about the taste yet bit hot.
a58f3bc59d56fd976b9e441c007f7338.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be burning my fingers now trying to taste test! :p I agree about the faff but there is nothing better than home-made baking you cannot beat it. I would happily stick my hand in the screen now just to pinch one. :D

I'd be burning my fingers now trying to taste test! :p I agree about the faff but there is nothing better than home-made baking you cannot beat it. I would happily stick my hand in the screen now just to pinch one. :D

If only you could.... it would be my pleasure... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look delicious and very glossy. My daughter has been banging on about Hot Cross Buns for weeks now so when I show her these I'm never going to hear the end of it! :)

They look delicious and very glossy. My daughter has been banging on about Hot Cross Buns for weeks now so when I show her these I'm never going to hear the end of it! :)

Just one batch Angie just for her... lol

So who is going to be taste testing the lovely buns? Not that I am jealous in any way shape or form...honest! :p

I will make hubby taste first ...lol. I will post with the verdict. But his only getting one batch no matter how good they are...lol

We sit salivating whilst awaiting the verdict! Lol, another achievement to cross off the list. Wait til Joan sees them, she'll love them.

Ooh! you got that right Angie, they look really yummy, hurry up turn the toaster on and get the butter out I'm on my way.

Excellent, glad he likes them although I'm sure there was never any doubt they looked fabulous.

....Hans just tried the Tesco Hot Cross Buns....sorry I cheated... and she didn't like them. I think it was all the different berries in them.

Macette did you put raisins or currants in yours?

Hi Angie, I was thinking of getting the Tesco ones next time because not sure it's worth the bother..lol I bought a bag of Tesco mixed fruit 95p I think, 2 tsps mixed spice and one cinnamon, but you can check the recipe. Other half said the flavour was good. They are not my favourite thing but he likes them, so half are frozen then after that it might be Tesco...lol

Ooh they sound lovely, Han likes her currants and raisins but the Tesco ones have cranberries, lingonberries...whatever they are lol and wild blueberries with currants so she was picking at them before she eventually gave up. She's more of a plain old fashioned type eater so yours would have been perfect. I could smell the mixed spice and cinnamon as I read it. Mmmmmm[emoji16]

I tried Mary Berry's recipe because it was very basic, some recipes had a heap of different spices. The mixed spice covers all that. But she says you just add the fruit you like, the Tesco mixed fruit was nice not to much peel in it mainly sultanas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back