What's new

Ferrero Rocher Cake Tutorial (1 Viewer)

Here is a step by step tutorial on how to make the Ferrero Rocher Cake.

1 Ferrero Rocher Cake Help Me Bake.JPG

First, make the cake; I made a 6-inch marble cake; however, you could make any flavour of cake you like including this chocolate cake. To make the marble cake the same as mine, follow the Chocolate cake instructions but remove the cocoa and increase the flour to 200 grams; then follow my marble cake's instructions, which shows you how to make the marble effect. Once you have done this, you can then get to the fun decorating part!

You will need the following:
  • Rossini Curls or Finger Biscuits
  • Cake Board/Box - I used a 10-inch thin board.
  • 250 Grams Chocolate Icing
  • Chocolate Sprinkles, Curls or a Small bar of chocolate that you can peel using a potato peeler to make chocolate shavings.
  • Ribbon
  • Approx 100 grams chocolate melted or 4 normal size Dairy Milk or other quality chocolate bars.
  • A box of Ferrero Rocher.

Method

1. Make the cake and leave it to cool fully.

1 Ferrero Rocher Cake- Help Me Bake.JPG

2. Clean your board with kitchen towel and either a little alcohol or hot water; this will remove any bacteria from the board.

2 Ferrero Rocher - Help Me Bake.JPG

3. Take your pack of Chocolate Icing.

3 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

4. Remove the packaging and place it on a dusted surface. I dusted with icing/confectioners sugar.

4 Ferrero Rocher Cake  - Help Me Bake.JPG

5. Knead the chocolate icing to soften it up and then shape it into a ball.

5 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

6. Roll out the chocolate icing with a dusted rolling pin.

6 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

7. Measure your board against your rolled out icing to ensure that it will cover it.

7 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

8. Spray your board with a little water to dampen it.

8 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

9. Now, place the rolled out icing on top of it. (Use your rolling pin to help you lift the icing and place it on the board). Run your rolling pin over the icing you have just placed on top of your board; this will help it to stick.

9 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

10. Hold the board in one hand, and with the other, score the edge of the board with a sharp knife to cut off the excess icing. Once done, put down the knife and then smooth the edge by running your finger around the edge of the board.

10 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

11. You can now imprint the board's edges using a shell tool or fork if you do not have one. Simply press the tool into the icing to create an indent, press down with a medium force so that you make a nice indentation.

11 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

12. Do this all the way around the board.

12 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

13. Now time for the cake.

13 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

14. Place the cake onto a piece of baking parchment or greaseproof paper and then level the cake (if you wish) by taking off any excess. You can do this with either a cake leveller or with a knife if you have a steady hand. You can always taste test the piece you have cut off.
grin.gif

14 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

14A Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

15. Now melt your chocolate, place it in a bowl and microwave in 30-second bursts.

15 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

16. Do this until the chocolate has melted.

16 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

17. Lightly cover the cake (that is still on the parchment paper) with a layer of chocolate; you only need enough chocolate to make the Rossini curls or biscuits stick; if you add too much, they will slide all over.

17 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

18. As soon as you have covered the cake, transfer the cake to your cake board; I slid two large knives underneath the cake and placed it on the board. Then start to add your Rossini curls or finger biscuits; you need to cover the cake quickly before the chocolate starts to set.

17A Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

18 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

19. Once you have covered the outer edge, tie a bow around the Rossini curls or fingers to hold them in place.

19 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

20. Whilst the chocolate is still a little tacky on the top, you can now cover it with chocolate curls, sprinkles or chocolate shavings.

20 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

21. Now, use a little of the leftover chocolate to stick some Ferrero Rocher's to the cake board. I used a paintbrush to dab some chocolate on the wrapper and then stuck it to the board.

21 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

22. Leave them to set and the top to set properly; once the top is set, add your Ferrero Rocher chocolates to the cake's centre. They just sit in place.

22 Ferrero Rocher Cake - Help Me Bake.JPG

23. Once finished, box up the cake and give it to your friend as a gift.

23 Ferrero Rocher Cake  - Help Me Bake.JPG

Last edited:
Yum yum, that looks delicious, another great tutorial.I love Ferrero Rocher especially the coconut covered ones. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back