What's new

Cinnamon Roll Shelf Life (1 Viewer)

Leenie42785

Hello! I made cinnamon rolls from scratch very late Friday night and I am now reading that cinnamon rolls should only be left at room temperature for 2-3 days but can be refrigerated for up to a week. Could I put them in the fridge now and extend their shelf life for another couple of days or should I just toss them at this point? Thank you in advance!!

Solution
Hi Leenie

With regards to cinnamon rolls yes you are correct in that they can be kept at room temperature for up to to 2-3 days and should stay relatively fresh as long as they are stored correctly and yes they can also be kept in the fridge for up to a week.

However to prolong the freshness of the buns they should have be placed in the fridge on the day they were baked once they were cooled or to keep them ultimately fresh they could have been frozen on the day of baking.

As you have left them on the side for a few days I would suggest binning them and making a new batch, it's always better to eat lovely fresh buns rather than those that have lost their freshness.
Hi Leenie

With regards to cinnamon rolls yes you are correct in that they can be kept at room temperature for up to to 2-3 days and should stay relatively fresh as long as they are stored correctly and yes they can also be kept in the fridge for up to a week.

However to prolong the freshness of the buns they should have be placed in the fridge on the day they were baked once they were cooled or to keep them ultimately fresh they could have been frozen on the day of baking.

As you have left them on the side for a few days I would suggest binning them and making a new batch, it's always better to eat lovely fresh buns rather than those that have lost their freshness.

Solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Back