What's new

Chocolate Drip Cake (1 Viewer)

I recently made a chocolate drip cake for myself as I wanted to play about and see how they are made, it's not perfect and looks bulky, but overall it's fine for a first attempt and for me to eat. If it were for someone else, it never would have left the kitchen. 🤣

Chocolate-Drip-Cake-HMB.jpg

I have learned a few things whilst making it regarding how and where to pour the chocolate...start from the edge first for the drip effect and not the middle!

I didn't temper the chocolate either, so it doesn't have a shiny finish; however, next time, I may consider using ganache as it will be thinner and maybe drip and run better.

If you are attempting to make one of these, ensure your chocolate is very thin and runny as this will give you the best look, also make and cover the cake 24 hours before doing the chocolate drip. To get a good drip, the cake also needs to be a lot higher too.

Overall the cake itself tasted great; however, I think I'll have another attempt at doing it again.

I posted this cake because you can see that not all cakes turn out like they're supposed to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back