What's new

Banana bread (1 Viewer)

mblacow

So I baked a banana bread on Monday with mashed bananas but the recipe also said sliced bananas so I included those also however after cooking the sliced bananas have gone green... I am quite sure it was not like this until the day after but not 100% - what have I done wrong?!

Hi mblacow

The only thing I can think of is with you mentioning them going green is that mould has appeared on your banana bread, I'm not sure whether you have used too much banana in your recipe which has caused too much moisture thus creating mould after cooling and storing.

I must admit when making banana bread I've not had a problem with it going green but having said that it hasn't sat long enough to go mouldy.

Another possible cause might have been the banana's themselves if they were extremely overly ripe they could have gone bad. If you have included any forms of seed in your bread, then I do know that sometimes a pH level can change in them and they can sometimes turn green too.

What I suggest you do is try making the loaf again but leave out the extra sliced banana, so you're not adding loads of moisture to the batter and see if that works. I also have a Banana bread recipe for you to compare with or possibly try if you are still having problems with yours.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back