What's new

Bake Fun Vintage Lace Impression Mat/Pad Set 3 Review (1 Viewer)

These retro and floral vintage lace impression mats have a quality feel about them and will give you quick and easy patterned results. After buying 'Set 2' of the Vintage Lace Impression Mats from Bake Fun, I was keen to try out 'Set 3'.
Bake fun vintage lace impression mats set 3   (3).jpg
Bake-fun-vintage-lace-impression-mats-set-3-1-475x640.jpg

The mats themselves are made of plastic and silicone; they are easy to bend but sturdy enough not to be flimsy. They were 143mm in length x 68mm wide x 3 - 4mm thick and were pastel blue in colour. I pre-washed the mats before use in hot soapy water, and they washed and dried fine.

Bake-fun-vintage-lace-impression-mats-set-3-2-480x356.jpg

There are two very different designs in this package, the first one being a very sharp, diamond, even retro style print; I think this print would look very impressive on a boys robot birthday cake or even on a special birthday cake. The other floral pattern would be great to use on sugarpaste fondant Easter bonnets, blankets for a baby shower cake or anything to do with Mother's Day cakes.

They are straightforward to use, and the pattern impression looks excellent; I lightly dusted the mat with icing (confectioners) sugar before use, I then placed it on top of my sugarpaste fondant and then rolled over the mat with a rolling pin; I then peeled the mat away leaving the imprinted sugarpaste behind, even though the diamond impression mat has small intricate diamonds it easily pulls away from the icing.

Bake-fun-vintage-lace-impression-mats-set-3-3-475x640.jpg

There is no mess with these mats, just great results, another good addition to the cake decorators toolkit.

Bake-fun-vintage-lace-impression-mats-set-3-4-480x357.jpg

Buy from

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back