Here is a tutorial with pictures showing you how to make moist, refreshing Carrot and Orange Cupcakes.
Pre-heat your oven to one of the following temps:
Fan assisted: 180°C
Conventional Oven 190°C- 200°C
Gas Mark 4
Fahrenheit – 356F
115 Grams Butter
115 Grams Light Brown Sugar
1 Medium Orange – Zest and Juice
2 Large Eggs – Beaten
150 Grams Carrots – Chopped or Grated
125 Grams Plain Flour
1 Teaspoon Mixed Spice
1 and a half Teaspoons of Baking Powder
270 Grams Philadelphia = 1 and a Half tubs of Philly – 180 Grams
4 Tablespoons of Icing Sugar.
1 Medium Orange – Zest
1. Cream the butter, brown sugar and zest together in a mixing bowl using an electric whisk.
2. Mix in the beaten eggs.
3. Grate or chop the carrots. I chopped the mini carrots in my mini chopper first.
I then grated some extra as I didn’t have enough weight with the chopped ones.
I also removed some of the carrot juice with some dry kitchen towel.
I then added the carrots and the juice to the mix.
I then used a spatula to mix in.
And then gave it a little whisk to fully combine.
4. Sieve flour, baking powder and mixed spice into the bowl.
Combine the ingredients using a spatula.
5. Now combined scoop into cake cases.
I use one scoop per case.
I make a well in the middle to make them level.
6. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for approx 22-23 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Once baked remove from the oven and place on a wire rack immediately to cool.
1. Place the cream cheese, icing sugar and zest into one bowl.
Mix the ingredients with a spatula then scoop into a piping bag with a nozzle.
Use straight away or…
Place in a second piping bag and store in the fridge until needed.
Orange and Carrot Cupcakes.
Burger Cupcakes Tutorial
Apple Crumble Cupcakes Tutorial
Bonfire Cupcakes Tutorial
Chocolate Cupcakes Tutorial
Mixed Berry Cupcakes Recipe and Guide
Victoria Sandwich Cupcakes Tutorial
Cranberry and White Chocolate Chip Cupcakes Tutorial
Ice Cream Cone Cupcake Tutorial