How to make a Banana and Strawberry Fruit smoothie recipe for the summer.
Natural 0% Fat Yoghurt – (Yogurt for US)
*Fresh or Frozen Strawberries
*Fresh or Frozen Bananas
3 – 4 Tablespoons Milk – Optional**
½ – 1 Tablespoon Honey
You will need a smoothie maker or blender, I make mine using a Nutri Ninja.
WARNING – MAKE SURE if you are using a blender to be extremely CAREFUL with the blades and ensure that if you are blending frozen fruit or Ice your blender or smoothie maker can actually chop it up. I made this mistake with my smoothie to go maker and I obliterated the motor because it couldn’t chop frozen fruit! So please check before making.
1. Place around 200ml yoghurt into your nutri ninja cup.
2. Add a handful of frozen strawberries, I used about 4-5 pieces.
3. Now add a handful of frozen banana, around 4-5 pieces.
4. Add a splash of milk, ** I only add milk to thin the mixture down so depending on how thick you like your smoothie will depend on how much milk you add.
5. Squeeze a tablespoon of honey to your mixture and then seal the lid.
6. Place the cup into your machine and blend for approx 45 -60 seconds.
7. Once blended, drink straight away, or place the lid on your cup and store in the fridge so it’s ready when you’re on the go.
*Using frozen fruit helps keep the smoothie ice cold, if you are using room temperature or chilled fruit then you may wish to add a little ice or place your smoothie in the fridge for about ten minutes before drinking so the temperature drops and it becomes cold.