Here is a guide on how to create a syrup/ honey glaze topping on your freshly baked cupcakes.
These taste like mini treacle sponge cakes.
Golden Syrup or Honey
2 x Wire Racks.
Freshly Baked Cupcakes
Brown or Granulated Sugar (optional)
Remove your ready made cupcakes from the oven and place on a wire rack.
1. Take some syrup or honey from the cupboard and place near a wire rack.
2. Place your hot cupcake onto the wire rack.
3. Now squeeze some syrup/honey onto the top of your freshly baked cupcake.
4. Carefully lift the hot cupcake and rotate it to the left and right to ensure even covering of the syrup/honey.
5. The syrup/honey will form a glaze on top of your cupcake and absorb directly into the cupcake. (These glazed cupcakes could then be enjoyed with hot custard). For a little crunch add a sprinkle of sugar.