Here is the recipe and guide on how to make Triple Chocolate Rocky Road Treats.
This will make 2 x 8″ square tins which are about an inch deep.
All the chocolate used in this recipe is baking chocolate which can be found in the baking aisle at the supermarket.
250 grams / 9oz Unsalted Butter
100 grams / 3.5oz Golden Syrup
250 grams / 9oz Pack of Digestive Biscuits (Small Packs are 250 grams)
100 grams/ 3.5oz Dark Chocolate
75 grams / 2.5oz Cocoa Powder (NOT hot chocolate powder)
50 grams / 2oz Chopped Almonds (Or nuts of your choice)
50 grams / 2oz Maltesers
50 grams / 2oz Mini Marshmallows
200 grams / 7oz Milk Chocolate
25 grams / 1oz White Chocolate
You can either line your tins with baking parchment or grease lightly with butter. I greased mine with cake release.
1. Cut the butter into cubes and place in a saucepan. (Mine was straight from the fridge).
2. Weigh out the golden syrup and then place in the pan (use a spatula to help remove all the syrup from the scales).
3. Melt the butter and syrup together on a moderate heat, I used no 4 on my hob.
4. Whilst the butter and syrup are melting, place the digestives into a large food bag, seal it and then bash the biscuits with a large rolling pin. Make sure you have a good mix of broken biscuits and crumbs as you will want some chunks of digestive in the rocky road. Once done place to one side.
5. Your butter and syrup should now have melted, remove from the heat and break up the 100 grams dark chocolate and add the chunks of chocolate to your butter/syrup mix, also add the cocoa and stir in.
6. Once the cocoa and dark chocolate have mixed in now add your bag of broken biscuits to the pan, stir in until the biscuit has been covered.
7. Now add your chopped almonds or nuts of choice and mix in.
8. Now add the Maltesers and Mini Marshmallows, after doing this I had ran out of room in my pan so I transferred the entire mix to a mixing bowl and mixed everything together in that. Do this and ensure your ingredients have fully combined.
9. Now split the mix into your greased tins evenly.
10. Break up 100 grams of your milk chocolate into a glass bowl and then melt in the microwave on full power, do this in 30 second bursts. It took about 55 seconds for my chocolate to melt, stir it with a spatula to ensure it is smooth this is then to be poured on your first tin of rocky road mix. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over the surface. (Be careful as your bowl may be hot).
11. Now get another small glass bowl and melt the other 100 grams of chocolate and pour again onto your second batch of rocky road spreading the chocolate again with a spatula. (again be careful as your bowl may be hot).
(Tip: If you use the same bowl ensure you wash it out and dry it thoroughly otherwise the water will seize your chocolate. Do not add your second batch of milk chocolate to the previous melted chocolate bowl without washing it first because if you do it will burn the residual chocolate that is still in your bowl and will ruin your new chocolate).
12. Now take a grater and grate white chocolate flakes onto the top of your melted milk chocolate.
13. Place in the fridge an allow to set.
14. Once set cut into bars or bitesize chunks.