Christmas Cookie Recipe and Guide
Pre heat the oven to one of the following:
190°C Fan Assisted
200-210°C Regular Oven
Gas Mark 5
100 grams/3.5 oz Unsalted Butter (At room temperature)
100 grams/3.5 oz Granulated Sugar
200 grams/ 7oz Self Raising flour
Pinch of Salt
1 Medium Egg
1 Teaspoon Mixed Spice
1. Chop up the butter into cubes and place into a mixing bowl.
2. Then add the sugar, flour and pinch of salt to the bowl.
3. Using your fingertips, rub all the ingredients together until it resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Crack the egg into a small bowl and beat with a fork.
5. Add about three quarters of the egg into the mixing bowl and place the remainder to one side.
6. Add the Teaspoon of mixed spice.
7. Now using a spatula or spoon, manually mix the ingredients together, it should start forming into a big tacky dough ball.
8. Once combined use two spoons or an ice cream scoop and drop blobs of the mix onto a lined oven tray. (Leave space between them as they will spread).
9. Flatten down slightly using a damp fork.
10. Bake in the oven for Approx 15-18 mins until golden brown.
11. One baked peel the sheet of the oven tray and place onto a wire rack to completely cool.
12. Biscuits can be stored in a tin but are best served fresh with a pot of tea and friends! 😀