Here is your recipe and guide on how to make millionaire’s shortbread caramel biscuits.
100g/4oz Sugar Cream together the butter and sugar.
250g/10oz Plain Flour Add the flour and mix to a dough.
1. Press the dough into a greased swiss roll/rectangular tin and prick with a fork.
2. Bake at 180°C Electric (Fan assisted)/ Gas Mark 4/5 for approx 20 minutes or until golden in colour. . If the oven is not fan assisted increase the temp by 10 – 20°C
3. Once baked remove from the oven and leave to cool.
10og/4oz Soft Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
397g Can of Condensed Milk
1. Place all the ingredients into a pan, let the sugars dissolve and simmer in a pan for approx 5 mins.
2.Do the drop test in water, take a blob of caramel and drop it into a sandwich tin of water, if you push the caramel into a ball and it holds its shape it is ready to take of the heat, if not boil for a little longer and repeat the test.
3. Beat with a wooden spoon to thicken slightly.
4. Once the caramel filling is at the correct consistency pour over your biscuit base in the tin.
200g/8oz of Chocolate of your choice Dark/White/Milk or Orange Chocolate
1. Melt Chocolate in microwave, then pour on top of caramel and swirl for marble effect or just place small pieces of chocolate on the warm caramel and it will melt itself.
2. Place in the fridge for the chocolate to set.
3. Ensure you bring the finished biscuit back to room temperature before slicing and eating otherwise the caramel will be very hard.